Car Alarm querie

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyNav09

Reaction score
hey fellas,

ive had a Hornet Black WIre alarm kit installed only 6months ago by my local autobarn and was working well till 2weeks ago. i sent it in and they pulled the siren out and sent it away to get looked at/ serviced or sumthing like that. i sent my wife down to get it reinstalled cause they rang me to tell me it was back in and ready to install. i get home from work sarvo and the wife is complaining its louder then the other alarm when u lock/unlock the car. so i tried it myself and wow i couldnt believe the high pitch beep it went off with, i then lost my temper and slammed the bonnet switch popped the bonnet open and there sits a different siren unit then what i had previously. now am i right if i say that they are meant to notify me if they are gonna install a different unit? but i got no notification and i hate the loud sound with a passion. i specifically asked for an alarm that doesnt have a over powering unlock noise which it didnt at first but now its a different unit and is unbelievable. ALSO the wiring job they did was complete and udder CRAP, just simple tappings and lil heat shrink and its all over the place. no zip ties no tidy job just here here and here done job.

what are my rights? can i take it back and tell them to put the right unit in or do i leave it and put up with the stupid beep? i will be ringing them tomorrow with in a nice mood but if i get shit excuse im gonna flip. im sick of gettin shit service from so called professional installers.

cheers

You have every right to get the item that you paid for. Make them aware that it's too loud, that your original purchase was made because it wasn't too loud, and that you want the product returned to the condition it was in when it was first installed.

The wife is more annoyed then I am. She is going back tomoz to sort it out. She is not happy on them changing it without notice. I'm at work again tomoz so I'll let u guys know what's happening when I find out.

Well the alarm is the new version of the alarm I had so instead of analog it digital. I guess its ok then. The wiring is getting fixed on Thursday :) the g

uy I saw couldn't believe the poor quality work

is there a function on that alarm to silently unlock/lock it? on mine you just press a different button b4 u press the unlock button and it makes no noise.

yeh it does have a aux button which does exactly that. i never really had to use it cause it wasnt overly loud. im just gonna have to start using it more often and get used to the loud unlock sound. like everything we get used to them after a while.

over all its a top system and with the right sensitivity settings its doing a top job and i feel safer leaving outside. even though my area is really quiet

:D
Rusty

got car back thursday afternoon after they repaired the wiring and all was good UNTIL TODAY

WELL IM BACK TO I WANNA RIP THE PIECE OF ******* SHIT OUT. . i just finished washing the car and making it all nice and pretty cause its in the weather 24/7 and the paint needs to be kept reasonably clean. i finish up pack up and head inside to have a break. 10mins later the alarm is blaring out from under the bonnet, i try the unlock button on the remote and it doesnt shut the alarm off but unlocks the car. so i attempt the panic button to shut it off and NO GO.

i have recorded the alarm going off on my phone with a video proving that when i unlock and stuff with the remote it doesnt work. also recording me having to use the alarm key to turn it off under the bonnet. SOOOOOO back to my local AutoBarn tomoz morning to demand a new unit to be installed free of charge becuase this is getting totally dam ridiculous. its only 7months old with i think a 3year warranty.

unless anyone has any ideas what is going on?

Latest posts

Back