Calmini reduction gears

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docp1980

Reaction score
Looking at getting at set of these: T-Case Gears for the D22, but just want to know how to work out how they will reduce my current gear ratios? Mine are 4.6 diff gears and these claim to reduce them by 93.8% to a final low range ratio of 3.92:1. So how do I work out what my new 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th ratios would be?

Cheers!

Matt

Why bother Matty.Are you going into rock crawling.There are none in the country and there is a big wait for them in the states

I just would like to have another gear about half that of my current low 1st. Would let you tackle steep rocky tracks at a much more comfortable pace and reduce the chance of breaking things. At the moment if you are tackling a steep, rocky section and you drop much below 2400 rpm then you'll end up stalling. Heath will confirm that one!

The other solution Matt - as you saw on the weekend - chip, exhaust and mumbo jumbo up we go!
I have found since the chip and latest exhaust mod I do a lot more in second gear.
I know what you mean though mate - the gearing causes some moments, although you climbed the steeper section pretty easily on the weekend.

Last edited:
great mod. so much more control. standard 1st gear became about 3rd/4th with the lowrange gears if i remember correctly.

great mod. so much more control. standard 1st gear became about 3rd/4th with the lowrange gears if i remember correctly.

If my current 1st moves to 3rd then I'm definitely getting them. It it's moved to fourth though then it might be a bit too slow as I use my current 3rd a fair bit now instead of changing back to 4H.... If 5th became my current 3rd I'd be stoked. Does this seem about right Joshy?

anyone know the cheapest place to get them from?

i also belieive its best to get a D21 transfer case and put the gears in that as the d21s have a wider, strong chain

Latest posts

Back