what tyre do i chose ????!!???!?!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael92

Reaction score
hey
im after a mean looking tyre with big tread
but i mainly drive on road and go off road every couple weekends
ive been looking at the micket T's MTZ , BFG , and cooper STT
would the MTZ be alright for mainly road use and on wet roads?

id probly go the bfg km2 out of those. dont overlook the maxxis bighorn though.

Mickey's are a great tyre, but they wear fast. All the modern M/T work fairly well on wet roads, your choice may be swayed by the price.

I run Cooper ST's usually on road.

Good all round tyre.

I also have a set of MTZ's and they do wear quick.

i have had a few different a/t's on my old d22, bridgestone they were shot after 60 thousand and pretty crapy off road clogged up really quick i then run GT radials which were really good on and off the road and i got 120 thousand km from them, i then give the bfg a go and they were awesome all round. i got the same wear from the bfg as the GT'S. the bfg cost a little more than the GT but have a 3ply side wall so less chance of puncture.
i am now running mickey t's baja atz 4 rib which are a little more aggressive then the bfg and they have an 80 thousand km warranty, i have only done 10 thousand on them, no real sign of any wear as yet but early days, they seem to be awesome off road and i dont have any probs on the black top wet or dry so if i get the same sort of k's from these i will get them again for sure.
hope that helps a little. nath

thanks
money not really an issue coz i wonna get sum decent tyre
if i go for a mud tyre and mainly doing road driving wont they wear quickly ?

Maxxis bighorns must run a hard compound I have done about 20,000 kms and there still up at about 65-70% mostly road driving.
And they perform great in the mud too like all tyres a bit of throttle too clean them out.
Bit noisy on the road but nothing a turn of the volume control on the tunes wont fix:)

Latest posts

Back