Spotlight Switch install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ayz

Reaction score
Hi all,

im new to the forum and this is my first post. I have just installed some 240 Blitz's to my st-x and have a arb type swtich that I have put in. I have the switch working fine to turn the spotties on and off however I want to connect it to the dash lights so that i can get the lights on it to work. I for the life of me cant seem to figure out how to do this. below is the wiring digram. The switch works fine without the LED lights just by plugging in 2 and 3. Anyone please able to help me get this sorted? Thanks in advance

WIRINGDIAGRAMV1D1J66BWEB.jpg

Sorry about the big picture I was unsure how to resize it.

I have the exact same switches. basically run a wire from pin 8 to earth/chassis. This turns the main big light on when the spotties are on. You need to find a dash light active to splice into, then run into pin 6. Then just earth pin 7. On mine i can't dim the dash lights so instead mine is hooked to park lights, so when any lights are on i see the smaller light.

Mitch

you can pick up the dash light circuit off the back of your cigarette lighter. just test for voltage when you have the lights on then make sure you have the right wire by switching your lights on and off to watch the voltage go from 12v to 0v

Thanks for the reply guys. Looks like my cigarette lighter on the dash is always on. I have the lights on the other side (right hand side near the window adjuster) so I can probably hook into the circuit on one of those. Sounds easier then what i thought.

also try looking at the stereo wiring, there is an illumination wire in there you could tap into aswell

cheers sean

Back