Steering shaft

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STUTE

Reaction score
Anyone else a bit worried about their steering shaft once they have done their body lift.

Ive done mine, but it doesnt feel good. (not different, but just feels morally wrong, it should be snug in its grooves, but it not, its about 12 mm on each end)

I need some reassurance.

Stuart

mate ive just compleated my body lift not 20 minutes ago. did you put your shaft in a vice and give it a few hits to extend it??? im doing mine tomorrow but i test fitted it befor i extend it and it only needs 12-13mm.. i spoke to john from zordo 4x4 who i bought the kit off and he reassured me that once i extend it it will fit perfect... john has a good reputation on this forum and i trust his word.

okay... spray some crc on the rubber sleeve in the centre of the shaft and slide it up the skinny end. then clamp the skinny end in a bench vice. get a hammer and screwdriver and whack the 2 halves apart. john recommends tapping it until about 2 or 3 mm of the spline are exposed past the joint. this will give you approximately 10-15 mm which should be just enough..

he mentions it in his instructions but doesn't go into much detail so i just called him.

okay... spray some crc on the rubber sleeve in the centre of the shaft and slide it up the skinny end. then clamp the skinny end in a bench vice. get a hammer and screwdriver and whack the 2 halves apart. john recommends tapping it until about 2 or 3 mm of the spline are exposed past the joint. this will give you approximately 10-15 mm which should be just enough..

x2 from memory 1/2 inch is perfect.

+ 1 with Ash

mine done on weekend then 400km drive home to Bundy. Feels fine. tap out with hammer in vice.

a little help please

hey guys
i know this is an old thread but i need help
i've purchased a 30mm body lift from zordo and have nothing to do tommorow so i was going to install it... and i've read the instructions and checked over two or three times what i have to do but the only thing that has me stumped is the steering column, what the hell do i do to extend it and how and were do i release it from...
i've tried to research it on the forums can't find it...
the only release point i can see on the steering shaft is a plate that has 3 bolts on it and joins to another plate that has the splined end of the shaft thru it which then goes to the steering box is that it...

a picture or some good instructions would be good...
help a brother out...

There's two connections on the steering shaft. You can get to the one on top of the power steering box through the side of the engine bay behind the drivers side wheel well. And the other connection can be accessed from under the bonnet, down underneath the master cylinder.

Just undo those before you start the lift, problem solved!

hey guys
i know this is an old thread but i need help
i've purchased a 30mm body lift from zordo and have nothing to do tommorow so i was going to install it... and i've read the instructions and checked over two or three times what i have to do but the only thing that has me stumped is the steering column, what the hell do i do to extend it and how and were do i release it from...
i've tried to research it on the forums can't find it...
the only release point i can see on the steering shaft is a plate that has 3 bolts on it and joins to another plate that has the splined end of the shaft thru it which then goes to the steering box is that it...

a picture or some good instructions would be good...
help a brother out...

hi mate.
Just bear in mind those instructions are for a 50mm bodylift
So just extend the steering shaft approx 6mm
If you have any trouble just give me a call 0418 780 611
I can talk you through the job
Cheers

ok thanks buddy i didn't get time to fit it on sunday i went fishing instead and i want to allow a full day just incase...

i'll keep ur number on stand by...
will have to wait a few weeks now till i have some time tho...

Latest posts

Back