wiring sound system

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watchdogg

Reaction score
Okay I have decided that I'm going to install an amp 2 subbies and 2 speakers.

I already have a head unit and 2 speakers installed.

the 2 extra speakers I will run from the amp and the subs also from the amp.

Therefore! I will run a power lead from the amp to the battery in the engine bay, shall find a grommet under the dash somewhere! and will run the blue leads from the head unit through the centre console, through to the passenger side under the seat and down the trip to behind the back seat where the amp and subs will be (Remote wire including). the amp will be cable tied onto the back seat (great idea Dave) and the subs will be the same unless I make up some sort of box to sit behind the seat

Then run the speaker wires from amp to rear passenger doors and sub from amp to sub, and basically i should be well and truly ready to go :D lol. anyone want to add anything in there that i have missed or better ideas please by all means :D ( I think i know what im doing? lol!!)

Sounds like a fair effort ahead of you, I'm keen to see pics of the finished product once you're done. Good luck!!!

"the amp will be cable tied onto the back seat (great idea Dave) and the subs will be the same unless I make up some sort of box to sit behind the seat"

Do you mean the subs will be cable tied to the back seat also? lol i hope not. Make the box.

Its all pretty easy to do. Just time consuming.

I paid to have my rear speakers installed though as I didn't have time to fiddle around or the patience.

"the amp will be cable tied onto the back seat (great idea Dave) and the subs will be the same unless I make up some sort of box to sit behind the seat"

Do you mean the subs will be cable tied to the back seat also? lol i hope not. Make the box.

hahaha! i mean't they'll be in a box which would be cable tied to the seat to avoid screwing it down and holes in my pretty car lol! :D

yeah I will take pics of before and after, might even throw a few helpful pics in to show people who don't know what theyre doin. like me, but I will know soon lol

Last edited:
hahaha! i mean't they'll be in a box which would be cable tied to the seat to avoid screwing it down and holes in my pretty car lol! :D

lol, no worries. I don't like putting holes in my car either. Always try to look for alternatives first. Good luck with the install, post some pics up when you are done.

Pete

there are a few places that sell them, cheapest is the best, a mate of mine works at autobarn and he had one on display and it puts out pretty good bass for the size

you'd reckon JB hi fi would have a decent car audio range. not so much these days... they got slim line 12 inch subs that i wouldn't even call slim line.....

lol, no worries. I don't like putting holes in my car either. Always try to look for alternatives first. Good luck with the install, post some pics up when you are done.

Pete

lol i just cut a 10 inch hole under my back seat and installed a sub there... i love ripping into my car with a grinder hehe

now behind the seat still has a bit of storage next to the 2 amps :D

You could modify a box like I made for mine to take two sub, but thing is the volume would be not enough for two 10 inches, but really do you need two? It's a small cab and mine goes pretty hard and it can still handle more power, my sub cost 160 from eBay and box probably bout 20 bucks all up to make,

Attachments

• image-3346182983.jpg
    image-3346182983.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 136

Latest posts

Back