Seans 06 D40 dual cab

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbogu

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thought i would introduce my d40

Bought it about april last year bone stock after selling a gu coil cab with 7" lift and 36's and a fairly tweaked td42 running a garret bb turbo, 25psi boost and a crap load of fuel

4098928.jpg

cid_91.jpg

cid_378.jpg

Before i got the car i had already ordered a calmini lift kit and 2" tuf dog struts and springs

I had a set of 33" x 18" tyres off my old gu so i ordered a set of 18" devino rims from tempe, not 100% happy with em but at the time they were the only ones available but there are more 18" rims now so ill change em later on

so heres how it sat after about 4 days of being standard

11042010033_1.jpg

in the mean time while waiting for the car to arrive i had ordered a nudge bar off ebay, it was actally off an xtrail and i made my own brackets, i went with that just so i had some where to mount my lights and the shape of the xtrail one was marginally better than the navara one

also put some ebay fog lights in the front bar

next was some ebay fogs again but this time in the rear bar

Being content with that its stayed that wasy for a few months, other than some small things like an ebay dvd player and roof racks

Next up was a genuine nissan winch bar which i recessed the same fog lights into ( poor mans arb look!!), removed the rubber over rider protectors and smoothed out all the welds then had it colour coded
and most recently was some total chaos top arms
and a ultimate canopy
so thats how it sits as of today, ill put some better photos up with the canopy when i take some in day light

Future plans, lots, i already have in the shed, arb compressor, rear air locker, rear 4.11:1 diff gears from the states, a bigger compressor and air tank for doing tyres, new dump pipe and a dte pdi and peddle box from the uk and some oem style roof racks

mods list to do:::::

Full rear bar and wheel carrier
front and rear winches
fox coil overs for the front
fox rear shocks
05 hilux onwards front diff conversion with 4.1 gears and air locker
rear storage drawers and fridge slide
3" exhaust
intercooler upgrade
custom air box
new front seats
second fuel tank and water tank
sliders

and no doubt a stack more when i think of it

So thats it for a while, hope you all enjoy the pics, more to follow soon, damn four pic per post limit

cheers sean

Hey mate did you end up fitting that bullbar u modified?

Hey mate, sorry for the late reply, hadnt checked back here for a bit, yes i did get the bull bar on, thought i already put a picture of that up but i guess not so heres a bit of a crappy one for ya

DSCF0229.jpg

And heres a slight update for the truck, my mate the postman dropped these little gems off yesterday, they are bloody awesome, i cant wait to fit the suckers!!!

19072011323.jpg

19072011322.jpg

19072011324.jpg

hopefully ill get em in on the weekend so ill take some more photos of the install

cheers sean

hey awesome looking rig!
I was lookin at getting the calmini lift for mine as well... are those coilovers the same one's you can get of the calmin website with the lift for $2000?

So with these coilovers and the 5inch lift am I right in saying thats 7inch lift in total for the front?

Nice Nav Sean.

Now thats a D40 Id consider owning. Dont tell Krafty though.

Cheers mate, its taken a while but getting there slowly, it wont be long and ill have it just how i want it

hey awesome looking rig!
I was lookin at getting the calmini lift for mine as well... are those coilovers the same one's you can get of the calmin website with the lift for $2000?

So with these coilovers and the 5inch lift am I right in saying thats 7inch lift in total for the front?

Thats the them mate, except they show them as red whcih are sway aways colours, calmini have em changed and engraved

When i get them in ill take some measurments, im hoping it gives me 7", god knows its cost enough to get it this high!!!!

bit of an update for everyone, after nearly 12 months i finally pulled my finger out and got some new rear springs, ended up with ironman 40mm sports springs and i must say, after only doing probably 20 k or so i am very very happy with them

while i was at it with the car on the hoist i put in the new calmini sway away coil overs, just gotta wait form my adjuster wrench to show up so i can screw another inch into them and level the car out cause now its a bit higher in the rear

i also took the sway bar off as most guys in the states dont run them with the coil overs and so far i must say the handling is bloody brilliant

a while back i bought some oem styled roof racks from ebay china and finally had a chance to fit them today, when i got them the tubes were a rouch painted silver finish and i didnt really like it so in gave them a sand back and painted them with some rustoleum gloos black and i think they look heaps better, just gotta drill some holes in them now and put some nutserts in so i can mount my awning off them
Over all the quality of the kit is great, the instructions they email you are not the best, install, well probably a 5 outta 10, not too too hard but a pain in the but cause you gotta drop the whole roof lining out of the car

and after all that, i washed it, while that may not seem important for me it is, its only about the third time this year!!!

Any way heres some pics, enjoy

23072011328.jpg

23072011336.jpg

23072011330.jpg

23072011329.jpg

Just went for a drive in my lunch brake to the local quarry for a bit of a flex up

Front is maxed out both ways, the coil overs and tc uppers really let it move, it was hard on the lower bump stops and also on the droop pad on the upper

Rear actually had heaps left in the springs and the shakles hardly moved, after fitting the springs on the weekend im thinking the shocks are too short even tho they are they longer bilsteins that came with the calmini kit

anywho here is a couple of pics

25072011350.jpg

25072011351.jpg

25072011352.jpg

25072011353.jpg

Looking good mate. How do you like the performance of the front Calmini coilovers?

Are you satisfied with your lift & clearance?

I'm thinking of upgrading my 3" lift to the Calmini 5" also using my current PRG components. I've noticed that my front diff and engine-oil compartment are ridiculously exposed to all sorts of trail nuissances and the skid plate coming with the Calmini looks sturdy enough to prevent damage.

Latest posts

Back