Flexi Sport Canopy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyNav09

Reaction score
hey fellas/ladies,

i have a 09 d22 and looking into canopies and ahve come across the Flexi Sport canopy by FlexiGlass and am really impressed by the quality of the product and price is reasonable aswell.

guess what i am asking is has anyone got one fitted and can u post some pictures up and thread links so i can have a squizz. they have a clamp down design instead of drilling holes into the tray to bolt down which has caught my attention aswell.

cheers
Rusty

G'day Rusty,

is this my first post? Not sure....

Anyway....I had one installed on my newly purchased D40. The central locking rear window is great (the reason I was recommended this canopy), I haven't tested the demister yet, the outside finish is good, the side lift up windows are good (except you have to lock both locks on each side - so four altogther), the inside led light works well & the canopy feels quite "solid".

Not so goods......

The fit isn't perfect. Unless the tray is bent (unlikely?) the canopy doesn't fit "square". So I spent hours trying to get the windows (especially the rear window) to lock properly. But the foamy stuff they use as a seal between the tray & canopy seems to do the job. No leaks anywhere yet. (Including the windows).

The inside window is a lift up one which obviously you can't get open if you've installed shelving (like me) or filled it with stuff.

Because of the sloping rear window (instead of square like most) you lose quite a bit of space especially if installing shelving - it also makes it easy to slam the window on a protruding objects :secret:.

I'm not sure if there's an option for strengthened roof racks but the stock ones are pretty weak. You can see the roof flexing if you pull on the roof racks.

The led interior light only works if the vehicle lights are on (apparently a "rule"?).

Also not sure who installed my canopy (dealer or Flexiglass) but the wiring was pretty dodgy. (Scotchloks for joins & non-protected cabling & joins under the car - if I hadn't fixed them I probably would have blown fuses on the first wet day). Overall not really impressed with installation.

I don't think I'd buy this model again but it looks good & mostly does the job for me.

Sorry no pix of mine but the pix on their website here are ok.

John.

Latest posts

Back