gear shifting problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fst_38

Reaction score
Hey guys .

I'm from Brisbane Australia and i just picked up an old 91 Navara dual cab 4X4 as a work truck . the only problem I'm having is the gear stick wobbles around a heck of a lot . its hard to pick the right gear because I'm going nor 1 and getting 3 or going for 4 and getting 2 . you can tell as soon as you lift you foot off the clutch and try again .. it does not stick in gear , grind , or make noise or jump out of gear . . . its just difficult with so much play in the shifter its self .

could you guys please give me a heads up on what's wrong with the stick and what's involved in fixing it . a ball park figure would also be nice too please !

thanks in advance ! .

Seano .

Try replacing the shifter bush first - not a hard job, go to Supercheap and order a replacement, and then use a set of inside circlip pliers to remove the shifter. To get to the top of the gearbox, remove the shifter boot in the cab.

Thanks mate . I'm a boiler maker so i have those tools and work has a repco account so ill get on to it asap .

Thanks mate . I'm a boiler maker so i have those tools and work has a repco account so ill get on to it asap . Any chance someone has a part number?

Latest posts

Back