bullbar movement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooba_285

Reaction score
hi all, i have a factory steel bullbar on my 09 d22 and notice that both ends at the top (that you can see while driving) bounce around a fair bit. is this normal? ive checked all bolts for tightness. thanks

Hi scooba ... i think generally if you have checked the bar for movement whilst stationery and all the bolts are tight, then you will find that its not the bar moving whilst your driving (because its bolted to the chasis) it will be the body mounts allowing the bodywork to move around - giving you the appearance that the bar is moving ... when its the other way around.

And yes, i believe its normal for there to be some small movement between the bar and the bodywork - thats why there is supposed to be a gap all the way around the bar at time of installation.

+1 for body mounts. If you're sitting on a train, it's not the railway crossing that's going past you, although that's what it looks like: same thing here. You're sitting in the moving part looking out - it's a trick of the light!

You might want to check the body mounts to make sure none of them have come loose. It's happened before!

when i do check it while stationary the bull bar does move up and down bit feels more like a flex than loose, asking because its actually cracked some of the body inside the wheel arch where it mounts to those rubber grommet bush things

My 2010 D22 also looks like the bullbar is bouncing when going over bumps. While stationary if i grab it and bounce it there is no movement though.

Mine moves like shit. I can tell because the uhf antenna shakes back and forth ALOT, i have checked body mounts and they are tight as all hell. Every D22 i see driving past, the b/bar or antenna shakes like shit. And when parked up, if you hit the b/bar, it does vibrate. so im not too bothered

Brett

is the body mount is the part inside the wheel arch that has the vertical bolt and the rubber grommets yeah???

scooba_285 said:
when i do check it while stationary the bull bar does move up and down bit feels more like a flex than loose, asking because its actually cracked some of the body inside the wheel arch where it mounts to those rubber grommet bush things

Can you post a pick of the crack?

Back