moving winch control

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bitz

Reaction score
hello,
i am planning to mount the control box for my tigerz11 winch in the tub of my d40.the first one failed after its first swim.i have 70mm double insulated copper flex,has any body done something similar or see any problems with this idea.
cheers.
bitz..:cheers!:

I moved mine using 35mm welding flex, and I put it in the rear passenger corner of the engine bay just behind the abs unit, its away from the elements there and allot less cable run than from the rear but there shouldnt be any problem with wat u wanna do just tuck the cables away from harms way

That's something I'd not ever do. Cable runs of that length hauling 300+ amps - no way. Even with a super heavy cable.

If I was that concerned about the elements affecting the control box, I'd connect the whole thing up and then spray it with hot glue or something similar that would seal it up and provide a finish that didn't hold dirt/sand/muck.

Just got a TG Thompson solenoid. Mounting it between the Air Box and passenger side headlight. Going to use 35mm cable.

im not an expert, but from what i've read and been told the shorter the cable the better. you want the winch motor getting the strongest delivery of power possible.

Don't do it, even 70mm with that type of load and you'll get voltage drop & too much excess heat. Keep it as close to the winch as you can

hey im not sure if it would be suitable in the application or not but haveu ever herd of a tape called denzo tape?? im not sure how it would go but its great stuff, just a thought

Latest posts

Back