Australian post services

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merchant

Reaction score
Why is it that i can order something from the USA and have it delivered 4 - 15 days at a cost of $15, but i order something from the east coast of Australia it takes 15 days at a cost of $20 for the same size item? It's crap.

My other whinge is that when i order something from the USA it takes 4 days to get to Perth and then as much as 11 days to get to the Pilbara. And it's not Customs either. These are small items and most deliveries bypass Customs.

Well get a Aussie post run (they are very lucrative if you get the right one) and make a difference to the country.

We may not be in the Pilbara but all postage still takes extra days to get to us only 200ks from the city but I guess I just accept it because I know delivering the shit definitely aint something I'd want to do.

Edit: should have been in the rant section I guess.

Well get a Aussie post run (they are very lucrative if you get the right one) and make a difference to the country.

We may not be in the Pilbara but all postage still takes extra days to get to us only 200ks from the city but I guess I just accept it because I know delivering the shit definitely aint something I'd want to do.

I am making a difference. I buy things online and that keeps the freight companies going. I just wish they would speed things up.

Dave, feel free to move it to the rant section if need be. I've moved on.

There must be money in mail runs, Because our posty started out as a bloke with long hair 12 months later it looked like woman only f#$%king ugly

We get a heap of book from both Book Depository and Amazon during the year and I reckon the orders we get from BD that come separately and through Aussie Post shit all over anything delivered by the courier. Couriers suck and run their own schedules atleast Aussie Post run by a schedule of sorts.

The lucrative Aussie post runs are the bulk runs at night, guy I used to meet each night while I was doing the bread run was making $200K plus a year, he was doing about 800ks a night 5 nights a week but it was worth it for a few years, he's since sold the truck and doing it easy.

my gripe is that while you're at home waiting for the package to arrive but they just slip the note into the letterbox telling you to pick up at the office tomorrow!

Need to send a box to Melbourne.
400x400x1500 34kg
Any one know any descent companies to send this for me?
It's a piss poor purchase online I'm sending back 'at buyers expense' Cheaper the better :/

There is a thread about e-go on here somewhere which most people seem happy, I have been hearing a few people complaining about them lately but no more or less than any other courier.

I have had a parcel sent to me via e-go qld to vic, and i sent a navara tailgate through e-go from vic to qld, no problems on either package so i would use them again

Aust Post's biggest problem is like so many others. The service only works when the contractors work and if you've got a bad batch of contractors in your area chances are Aust Post will suck.

Latest posts

Back