Suspension ride height question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Parks

Reaction score
3 years ago and approx 50,000 K's I had a Tough Dog suspension lift put in Nav.
I just noticed the other day that the driver side seems to be a bit lower than the passenger side.
So I measured from the concrete floor in my garage to the bottom of my flares and these are the measurements I got.
Passenger rear 991mm
Passenger front 885.5mm
Drivers rear 888.5mm
Drivers front 885.5mm
I ran the tape up through the center of the hub against my 4' level to I knew the tape measure was level.
There is only about 20L of fuel in the truck so I would not think that would be an issue.
The only thing in the back of the truck is my Outback drawers (empty) and Flexiglass canopy (with roof racks only).
My question is . Should I be worried about the difference in heights between the drivers rear and passengers rear?
Thank you in advance for the assistance...
Bill

Not good. Its a decent difference.

Ill give the thread a bump anyways.

Sounds like its sagged.

my bad...... i didnt read that properly or my math is really @#$@!! that is a big difference

Is it just me or are most of the leaf springs on the market shit.

My Lovells are level, well from what I can see.

If ur not having any real trouble with the handling/ride, I'd just get the leafs repacked.
I assume it would be best to get them both done, but a suspension guy would know more about this. Either way I think it's only around $100ish to get a leaf repacked compared to $1500 for a whole new setup.

Before I got my lift put on, both my leafs were essentially flat instead of con-vexed. Turned out this was because the previous owner towed stuff a lot. You may have loaded up ur truck once with all the weight on the drivers side and bent the leafs a little too far for them to rebound back properly.

Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions. I do appreciate it.
tweake's
I unbolted the shocks last night and the difference in measurements was only appx 2.5mm.
If ur not having any real trouble with the handling/ride, I'd just get the leafs repacked.
I assume it would be best to get them both done, but a suspension guy would know more about this. Either way I think it's only around $100ish to get a leaf repacked compared to $1500 for a whole new setup.

Before I got my lift put on, both my leafs were essentially flat instead of con-vexed. Turned out this was because the previous owner towed stuff a lot. You may have loaded up ur truck once with all the weight on the drivers side and bent the leafs a little too far for them to rebound back properly.
I believe this is the route I will be taking as I really do not have the spare cash for a new set of springs at the moment.
I will make some calls today and see if there is anyone around Cairns who can do this for me...
Bill

Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions. I do appreciate it.
tweake's
I unbolted the shocks last night and the difference in measurements was only appx 2.5mm.

do you mean the difference between sides is now only 2.5mm or difference between old measurements is only 2.5mm ??

i don't know how much gas pressure the stock shocks have. i've had other vehicles get raised 20mm just from new shocks.

do you mean the difference between sides is now only 2.5mm or difference between old measurements is only 2.5mm ??

i don't know how much gas pressure the stock shocks have. i've had other vehicles get raised 20mm just from new shocks.
I apologize for not making myself clear.
First off I misread my tape measure and the difference is only 1 mm.
The drivers side has gone up approximately 1 mm.
The passenger side did nothing.
I do not believe it is enough of a rise to help though.
I' am now thinking relining the springs and new shocks but I will see what the suspension people say.
Bill

The gas in the shocks will have no bearing on the ride height its purpose is for cooling reasons

You could try swapping the leaf springs from the left side to the right side of the vehicle and remeasure vehicle. if there is no change your problem is elsewhere. another thing would be to pay attention to the angle the shackel is. That will also tell you if one spring is flatter than the other.

Latest posts

Back