dx d22 body lift HELP!! :)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smytheda

Reaction score
Hi all new to the site so hello, but down to my issue.. I got me self some 2" body lift blocks.. And I went to pull the bolts out to size them up BUTT! What the hell is the deal with the rear cab bolts?? It looks to be that the nut is sealed in the cab sealed itself .. Is it a welded nut to the cab??

Is it a welded nut to the cab??

Yes it's a weld nut. Common item on these vehicles, esp. on the body but also in the chassis. They're manufactured with little dimples on the bottom, they're pressed against the substrate and an electrical current is passed through it, the resistance in the small contact area of the dimples causes it all to melt together and you have a nut welded on.

Oh wicked you wouldn't know if its a lock nut aswell would you? I tried to take it out yesterday but could barely move it.. I think I un done it bout 1/10 of a turn

It's not a lock nut but there is thread locker compound in there... Like loktite. Make sure you use a proper socket to remove it, no open spanners or anything or the head will round.

Latest posts

Back