Is anyone using Calmini Upper Control Arms...???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murf6

Reaction score
G'day Guys,

I have just brought myself another D40 and I am having heaps of trouble trying to decide on a suspension set up.

I am one of the unlucky ones that does not have camber alignment bolts, so I am trying to work out what the best direction is to go.

I have been quoted from a local place $1,200 installed for a full Ironman suspension kit, which I though wasn't to bad buying for an installed price. My main concern is trying to get the alignment back after the lift. I would love to try for a 3 inch lift, but that just doesn't seem possible.

I was wondering if anyone is currently using these Calmini upper control arms?

D40 Upper Arms

They seem a pretty good price, and with the strong aussie dollar are looking even better?

Will getting new arms totally fix the camber issues, or will I still need to try and get cambers bushes as well.

The other option I am looking at is the PRG kit.

PRG Products

$1,600 doesn't seem to bad, but as it is over the $1000 mark allowed by customs I would need to pay import duty tax on top of that..... :(

Really struggling to decide on a solution, so any advice that could be offered will be greatly appreciated...

CHEERS

MURF

iv tried getting onto prg and a few other places in regards to getting a set of their ucs and they refuse to reply, try it tho.

other option is you can buy offset lca and uca bushes from nolathane and fit them in to correct the camber.

with 2" iron man lift you wont need uca's but any higher and you start knocking your uca on the coil hat.

The Calmini arms are non adjustable so will not fix any issues you have with camber.
I have the PRG arms on 07 ST-X and had no issues at all. Mine had no camber adjustment as is the case with most ST-X so any lift at all will need camber adjustment to get it close to reasonable
The PRG arms are the only arms on the market that are adjustable.I have had mine all engineered so are now 100% legal so covered by insurance as well.
Greg at PRG Products is very hard to get hold of . PRG is only a small business so Greg is always very busy trying to keep up with orders.
try emailing him at [email protected]
That sometimes will get you better response time.

NavaraLiftstage27.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys. I have tried to contact calmini and PRG and am yet to get any reply at all. I am considering going the nolathane off set bush option. I am just not sure if they will give me enough correction with the camber or not???

Getting new control arms would be great, but just the cost of it starts to add up a fair bit.

It is so bloody hard to try and decide what is the best option. I dont want to go down one road, and end up spending more in the long run that just making the right decision from the start.......

Latest posts

Back