ARB long range fuel tankl - Rotomould plastic

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptorthumper

Reaction score
ARB have recently released a new long range Frontier fuel tank for NP300 and D40 Navara's. Has anyone got one.???
Rotomould plastic and never rust....132L Diesel capacity

http://www.arb.com.au/frontier-np300-d40/

TAD114.jpg

_

Last edited:
I have a ARB fuel tank.
Best mod I have made to my D40 I get over 1000 k to a tank.

After filling up you travel about 350 k before the needle starts to move, your distance to empty reads low as a close guestimation I generally add 40% onto the reading and that's close enough when planning my next fuel stop.

The fuel gauge reads accurate enough that I have no issues.

Also if your car gets run over by an army tank you know your fuel tank will be ok and will go back into the original shape. Not so sure about the rest of the truck.
http://www.arb.com.au/long-range-fuel-tanks/frontier-long-range-fuel-tank/

Last edited:
I fitted one of these tanks a year ago. It's been one of the best modifications I've done. In most conditions I'll generally get to 900km-1000km before I'm ready to put fuel in. When filled the gauge stays above full for the first 350km to 400km then slowly starts moving. The fuel gauge has acceptable accuracy for the last third

One of the advantages of the poly tank is it doesn't add much weight being only several kilograms more than the original 80 litre version whereas the long range steel tanks are significantly heavier.

The tanks are different between Thai and Spain so make sure you order the correct ARB part. TAD115 (Spain) or TAD116 (Thai)

I DIY'ed the installation which took about 6 hours ... so it was the best part of a day. It's not technically difficult but the rear most strap is a very tight fit around the tank that took some encouragement to get the bolt hole to line up. I used a piece of chain with a hook on the end and levered against the frame rail to pull the strap in towards the tank while an assistant got the bolt started. I used anti seize on the bolts to keep the threads protected in case I ever have to drop the tank in the future.

The instructions are based on the ute back twin cab as that would be the majority of their sales. They document a modification to the fuel filler pipe which is not suitable for a tray back. Therefore I had some fiddling around and redesign of the modification to get that right.

Back