Go Back   The Navara Forum > General Discussions > Main Forum

Class Action
Old 21-10-2018, 03:39 AM

My Mood:
Default Class Action

Anybody else been contacted by a survey group checking on support for a class action against Nissan reguarding Takata airbags?Hugh
2013 D22,Toughdog 2"lift,ironman canopy,Nissan winch capable bullbar powder coated white now with Kingone[Mako avenger]winch,Hella 2000 spotlights,Power in tub,Uhf,& D P Chip.Tjm snorkel.Custom made power box[alum checkerplate box with Redarc 12v to 12 charger,optima batt]EGR mod.
Sponsored Links

Old 21-10-2018, 06:56 AM
Advanced Member

I have only had a letter from Nissan wanting me to book my car in for the airbag to be replaced.

Old 21-10-2018, 10:39 AM
Administrator

My Mood:
Garage

I don't see what point a class action would hope to make. Nissan are recalling the vehicles and replacing the units. What more can they do?

Check out the FAQs by clicking here!

"Money can't buy happiness, but it does make misery a lot easier to deal with."

Old 21-10-2018, 08:54 PM

Garage

Why single out Nissan they are all in the same boat even some European manufacturers. My letter says they will let me know when they have stock. It has already been replaced once and the replacement is also faulty.

Old 22-10-2018, 07:05 AM

My Mood:

I must admit I was pissed at Nissan as I get emails from them every month wanting me to buy another car but failed to inform me that if I have an accident the thing that supposed to save me could kill me,it was me that chased it down and got on to Nissan not the other way around,by the way they had me in within a week of my phone call.This has been known about for years in USA,yet they allowed me to drive my car for 5 years.??
2013 D22,Toughdog 2"lift,ironman canopy,Nissan winch capable bullbar powder coated white now with Kingone[Mako avenger]winch,Hella 2000 spotlights,Power in tub,Uhf,& D P Chip.Tjm snorkel.Custom made power box[alum checkerplate box with Redarc 12v to 12 charger,optima batt]EGR mod.

Old 22-10-2018, 08:02 AM
Advanced Member

This air bag replaced saga is not a fault of Nissan Motors , it is fault of the manufacturer that made the bags and not just for Nissan only as other makes of vehicles have the same issue of replacement. I also receive letters from the nissan dealer letting me know of new vehicles on the market etc but thats just the normal marketing no big deal. the only marketing i just can not cop is what you get on the telephone from overseas party,s.

Old 24-10-2018, 07:13 PM

My Mood:

I suppose at least they changed them,Ford is fighting recall on their Rangers in US,Takata has filed for bankruptcy .

Old 25-10-2018, 06:39 AM

You're pretty unlucky there Hugh, our 2013 D22 comes up as not affected on the airbag checklist from Nissan.

Old 27-10-2018, 08:45 PM

My Mood:

There is a website you can put your rego in,Nissan at first said my car wasn't on the list.

Old 27-10-2018, 10:14 PM

Yeah, I know, I just did it again on this one https://ismyairbagsafe.com.au/?utm_s..._campaign=FCAI

It still comes up as my Ute being "not affected by the faulty airbag recall"

Feeling quite lucky really, as neither of our cars are affected. My luck usually runs the opposite way lol!