Comfort leaf spring opinions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

someguy360

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've got a 05' D22 which is my daily drive, just looking for some opinions on suspension.

It's got a 2" suspension lift with what looks like HD leafs in the rear (it used to have a steel reinforced canopy on the rear that weighed around 180kg so I assume this was the reason for the springs), this was all done by the previous owner.

I removed the canopy on day 1 as it wasn't practical for me. However I've found that the suspension is like solid rock, if I drive over a pebble on a dead smooth road my head will almost hit the roof.

I've replaced the worn pedders shocks with KYB Skorched shocks all round which has smoothed the ride out a tiny bit but it's still unbearable on city commutes.

I've heard comfort rear leafs might be the way to go to soften it down a bit, has anyone used these before and would you recommend them?

I'm not looking for a perfect ride but I've driven a mates stock D22 which feels like a BMW in comparison to mine.

Cheers

i would have a look at how many leaves your suspension has. it might be a simple matter of taking one leaf out.

my old ute had a single extra leaf added which gave it a 2" lift but was still reasonably soft.
other guys i know had two leafs fitted which made them a lot stiffer be heavier loads.

Hi someguy

A quick question on the KYb skorched shocks you installed

Did you notice where they were made?

Im pretty sure theyre still built in Japan but wouldn't be surprised if it was actually china, Thailand etc

Thinking about getting some

Bluemax comfort leaves in mine, they are pretty decent.

Still ride better with say 40kgs in the back of the tub.

And can also carry a decent ammount of weight.

Hi someguy

A quick question on the KYb skorched shocks you installed

Did you notice where they were made?

Im pretty sure theyre still built in Japan but wouldn't be surprised if it was actually china, Thailand etc

Thinking about getting some

From their website.
KYB has manufacturing facilities in Japan, the United States, and Europe.

https://www.kyb.com/about/history

Excellent shockies. I doubt you'll get anything comparable in quality for anywhere near the same price.

For anyone interested, I bought the EFS-16E comfort springs from EFS.

It was still pretty stiff on our horrible SA roads, I ended up removing one of the middle leafs in the pack which has made it much more floaty and comfortable.

For anyone interested, I bought the EFS-16E comfort springs from EFS.

It was still pretty stiff on our horrible SA roads, I ended up removing one of the middle leafs in the pack which has made it much more floaty and comfortable.

Which horrible roads?

Latest posts

Back