33s on 2010 ST

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman

Reaction score
Well i jacked up the truck today to see how it will look with the 2" suspension and 1" body lift. Have to say it looks awsome! Gives the truck a much more aggressive stance and heaps better clearance. Did a bit of measuring as i would like to get the MT 33s on it too. For the life of me i cant see how a 841mm OD tyre would go on there. With some alterations to the rear guard and liner i think the back of the fronts would just be ok but the front of the fronts (if u see what i mean) are a no way in hell. The flap bit that hangs in front of the wheel would have to go completely and some of the liner and lower bumper as well. Of course removing these and fitting a bull bar would help i guess.
The truck is a 2010 Thai ST AT and currently has 265/70/16 ats on it which are nearly smooth.
Even with a wheel offset closer to the centre of the vehicle i think they would just hit the chassis and/or the sway bar.
Can anyone help here? I have read everything a search throws up but no mention of front end clearance.
Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been covered before.

There is a excellent write up here about fitting 33s to a d40.you need lift...remove the front mud flaps trim the rear of the front guards (tin snips will do it) that sits behind the inner guard and heat and remould the bottom of the inner guard.its a easy job..keep searching for the writeup and have a read.

Well i jacked up the truck today to see how it will look with the 2" suspension and 1" body lift. Have to say it looks awsome! Gives the truck a much more aggressive stance and heaps better clearance. Did a bit of measuring as i would like to get the MT 33s on it too. For the life of me i cant see how a 841mm OD tyre would go on there. With some alterations to the rear guard and liner i think the back of the fronts would just be ok but the front of the fronts (if u see what i mean) are a no way in hell. The flap bit that hangs in front of the wheel would have to go completely and some of the liner and lower bumper as well. Of course removing these and fitting a bull bar would help i guess.
The truck is a 2010 Thai ST AT and currently has 265/70/16 ats on it which are nearly smooth.
Even with a wheel offset closer to the centre of the vehicle i think they would just hit the chassis and/or the sway bar.
Can anyone help here? I have read everything a search throws up but no mention of front end clearance.
Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been covered before.
Only 285's check out Nathans Thread as Cam Said

Hi Cam and HJ, yea i had a read of Nathans thread. An excellent thread indeed. Must have been feeling a little blond! Still however no mention of what would need to be done to a stock (raised) front. I presume anyone who goes to the effort of fitting 33s will also have a bull bar and so removes all that plastic up front anyway. I plan on fitting an MCC bar so it may have to move up the list!
Cheers

I unscrewed all my four front mud flaps..trimmed the guard and reworked the inner guard..2.5' lift and 33 went straight on...no bullbar.

Cool. Thanks Cam. Ill check it out after it stops raining. If it ever stops... Lol. Should have bought a boat the way its going with the weather.

hey Iceman
I have the same as you a 2010 Thai buillt ....

Mine has a tough dog 2" lift and 1" coil spacers up front to level it out.
Got Spain built wheels with 285/70/17 bighorns which are pretty much 33".
No mods done to guards and doesn't rub even on full lock up a curb.....

Attachments

• 440.jpg
    440.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 89
hey Iceman
I have the same as you a 2010 Thai buillt ....

Mine has a tough dog 2" lift and 1" coil spacers up front to level it out.
Got Spain built wheels with 285/70/17 bighorns which are pretty much 33".
No mods done to guards and doesn't rub even on full lock up a curb.....

His issue is that he still has the stock front bumper.

Latest posts

Back