Recalibrated D40 DPF Sensors Now Availiable (Stops white smoke and Prevent DPF Fault)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All.

It's been a while so I thought id better check in. Well over 200 sets of these sensors sold now. Zero returns or failures. Give me a call to discuss your D40 dpf delete options.

I'd like to bump this thread.

Both to say 'THANKS!!!' to Mat, and to say that his sensors not only work, but work exactly as advertised.

Summary:
I noticed smoke from my exhaust now and again (specifically: after the engine reached operating temps and the RPM was over 1500). We had suspected a few things as the smoke had a bluish tinge but testing of the exhaust showed unburnt diesel. After several discussions and a DPF light that wouldn't go away, we ordered the new sensors. The DPF was modified slightly to prevent any restriction through it in case there was a buildup of material.

By the time the sensors arrived the car was in full-on limp mode, but without a CEL or error code. I noticed two special things about this limp mode. First, the fuel rail could never reach or exceed 14,000psi. This limited the power output and the coolant temp never rose higher than 95 no matter what I did. Second, the engine load was reporting as 100% even with light throttle. These were possibly just the ECU not bothering to calculate them properly.

Anyway, after installing the sensors, I started the car and drove off, watching the coolant temps. Shortly after the temps reached the mid-80s, the fuel rail pressure restriction was lifted but the DPF light was still on. Off we went, let the car get some speed up and wait, it's smoking again ... now heavily ... ok don't back off, 1 minute passed, still smoking, 2 minutes ... wait, the DPF light's gone out! Woohoo! Check the mirror - no more smoke!

It took about 15 minutes to change the sensors over. 14mm spanner. One sensor is mounted at the front of the DPF in the side of the pipe (white plug) and the other is mounted in the rear of the DPF in the top of the pipe (black plug). Unplug the plugs before undoing the bolts, to allow the wires to spin if they need to.

Excellent service by Mat, advice was spot on the money.

So oldtony did you get rid of your dpf entirely or modify it?
I have a dpf delete pipe thats been sitting on my back seat for months because i dont know how to install it without having issues

Let's say that I tried to get a hole drilled through the middle but that wasn't quite working out and in the end a vacuum cleaner was needed to ensure it was in a fit state for reinstallation.

You don't really have to worry about the two metal tubes that head up in behind the ABS unit. Mine are disconnected - either connected or not, they're irrelevant.

There are two plugs at the rear of the DPF and one at the front between the DPF and the front drive shaft. The black plug at the rear needs to come off, then take to the nut with a 14mm spanner and remove the sensor. Undo the white plug at the front and use the 14mm spanner to remove its sensor.

Replace them with Mat's sensors. Approaching 1,000km since the change on ours and it's still going fine, no smoke, no power loss and it looks like an immediate improvement in fuel economy.

So does that mean if im installing a dpf delete pipe i can unplig them, then leave those two sensors in the dpf and chuck the whole thing in the bin, and install matts new sensors into the new delete pipe?
Mine are completely corroded and locked in, no amount of blowtorch and pipe spanner will get them out
The nuts on the two metal pipes are corroded and seized too

I live on dirt roads which sped up the process of exhaust nut seizure

Basically, yes.

There are TWO sensors at the rear of the DPF. You may need the one that is closer to the side of the car (they sit side-by-side and the replacement with the 14mm nut is closer to the centre of the car). Mat may need to jump in to advise on that one. However, the other two - the one sensor at the front and the "inner" sensor at the rear - you should be able to forget about and just use Mat's replacements.

We're well over 1,000km now and no smoke. Fuel economy has settled so far at about 12.02LPHK for our typical driving which was sitting high 13s to mid 14s. The big test will be starting tomorrow afternoon when we leave for a 2-week trip with the caravan.

Recalibrated D40 DPF Sensors, ECU tuning, Exhaust

Having trouble with your D40 Navara or R51 Pathfinder after deleting your CAT, DPF or fitting a performance exhaust? Is it randomly blowing large clouds of white smoke?

I offer for sale replacement Sensors which will stop your D40/R51 from blowing smoke and prevent your vehicle from detecting a DPF fault.

I Offer 2 Options

OPTION A: Replacement used, fully tested and recalibrated Sensors for $299 include free standard postage

Note: OPTION A is exchange for your old sensors. An additional $200 deposit is required for this option. You are responsible for packing and posting your old senors in a way so they return to me undamaged. On receipt of your old sensors your deposit will be refunded. Depending on stock levels OPTION A is not always available.

OPTION B: Brand new genuine sensors which have been recalibrated. Cost is $499 including postage.

WARNING! Not to be used in a vehicle that has a functioning DPF!

Detailed fitting instructions and return postage address for OPTION A included

Payment by Paypal or Bank Transfer

Questions welcome by either phone or email

Cheers!

Mat 0403682248

NOW ALSO AVAILIABLE FOR

MITSUBISHI PAJERO 3.2 TDI

I'M LOOKING FOR OTHERS VEHICLES TO TRIAL.

Custom ECU tunes for Pathies and D40's.

I'm an official ECUwest dealer. see www.ecuwest.com.au for details of whats available.

Having trouble with your D40 Navara or R51 Pathfinder after deleting your CAT, DPF or fitting a performance exhaust? Is it randomly blowing large clouds of white smoke?

I offer for sale replacement Sensors which will stop your D40/R51 from blowing smoke and prevent your vehicle from detecting a DPF fault.

I Offer 2 Options

OPTION A: Replacement used, fully tested and recalibrated Sensors for $299 include free standard postage

Note: OPTION A is exchange for your old sensors. An additional $200 deposit is required for this option. You are responsible for packing and posting your old senors in a way so they return to me undamaged. On receipt of your old sensors your deposit will be refunded. Depending on stock levels OPTION A is not always available.

OPTION B: Brand new genuine sensors which have been recalibrated. Cost is $499 including postage.

Cheers!

Mat 0403682248

NOW ALSO AVAILIABLE FOR

Custom ECU tunes for Pathies and D40's.

I'm an official ECUwest dealer. see www.ecuwest.com.au for details of whats available.
Hi. Do you still sell these?

I Offer 2 Options

Note: OPTION A is exchange for your old sensors. An additional $250 deposit is required for this option. You are responsible for packing and posting your old senors in a way so they return to me undamaged. On receipt of your old sensors your deposit will be refunded. Depending on stock levels OPTION A is not always available.

Cheers!

Mat 0403682248

Hey Everyone, Just thought I'd pop back and let you know I'm still around and i still can make the sensors if you need them. I'm not often on the forum so give me a call or send me an email.

Hey Everyone, Just thought I'd pop back and let you know I'm still around and i still can make the sensors if you need them. I'm not often on the forum so give me a call or send me an email.
Hi auggie can i grab your number so i can order some sensors pls

Hi Auggie,
Just wondering if you could give me a call in 0408895307 in regards to these sensors,
Cheers, Paul
Hi All.

It's been a while so I thought id better check in. Well over 200 sets of these sensors sold now. Zero returns or failures. Give me a call to discuss your D40 dpf delete optio,

I Offer 2 Options

OPTION A: Replacement used, fully tested and recalibrated Sensors for $299 plus GST include free standard postage

OPTION B: Brand new genuine sensors which have been recalibrated. Cost is $499 plus GST including postage.

Cheers!

Mat 0403682248

NOW ALSO AVAILIABLE FOR

Could you please email me your details so we can discuss what would be the best solution moving forward with my DPF. Contact email is: [email protected] look forward to hearing from you soon.

Could you please email me your details so we can discuss what would be the best solution moving forward with my DPF.
BEST TO TRY MAKING CONTACT VIA THE NUMBER PROVIDED FIRST - THINK YOU'LL GET YOUR ANSWERS QUICKER
Hopefully this helps speed your process up a little mate..

Mat

Latest posts

Back