Locking and unlocking car

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4 fun

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has had any issues with locking and unlocking their D40. I have never had any issues until yesterday when I reached my destination and my key would not lock the car,when it finally worked it then would not unlock. Now it only works when the key up against the front of the drivers door,I have tried the spare and same situation. Would like to know if anyone has experienced the same thing before I take it to Nissan.

Hey mate. I'd try replacing the batteries in the remotes before you take it to Nissan. It sounds like they may be going flat if it is only working in very close range. If new batteries doesn't fix it then you will probably have to take it to Nissan unfortunately.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

^ Agree with bods. It does sound like a range issue. If it's not the batteries, it will be the receiving antenna - it's usually mounted in the centre of the dash at the top at the base of the window (under the plastic, you can't see it). If that gets covered with metal (dash mat?) then the signal could be impaired, try removing anything from that part of the dash.

Ok just an update, changed batteries and still same thing happening so off to Nissan I go. Just hope the bill won't hurt too much lol

Latest posts

Back