Top gear Australia

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missed it the other night. Will be watching it though when I get the chance.

Would be good to see ausie cars in it.

Yeah I watched it, needs a lot of work, the whole show had no real point to it, each thing in the UKTG has a point, ie. can you buy a Porsche for under a $1000, TGAU just sort of plodded along with any real point to each review. They also lacked stats, UKTG always quotes things like horsepower, torque, time to 60Mph etc, TGAU didn't do that either.

I just hope they have been reading some forums looking for feedback cause in its current state I can't see me watching to many episodes before I get fed up with it.

I didn't see it but if its all about Holdens GTS faster then the FTP GT I sure as hell wont be watching it.

If I wanted to know that I would buy a wheels or motor mag.

Dave.

I didn't see it but if its all about Holdens GTS faster then the FTP GT I sure as hell wont be watching it.

If I wanted to know that I would buy a wheels or motor mag.

Dave.

I agree Dave. I am not that interested in fast cars anymore but was hoping that all Ausie vehicle interests would be covered.

So I guess what Shonky is saying means that they probably will be covering the offroad element.

I know most Ausies are obsesed with Ford/Holden but how many shows could they possible do on them.

Being an avid fan of the UK Top Gear i must say i was totally embarassed for the presenters of the Australian version. All the guys in my group of friends had similar feelings with one mate turning it off not even half way through the show. I understand if they need to follow a similar format as to that of the UK but to get 3 Aussie guys together and make them copy everthing including the demeanour of the UK guys was shocking. My opinion is they should have made the Aussie guys to be more themselves, and even name their driver something other than the stig

I agree Dave. I am not that interested in fast cars anymore but was hoping that all Ausie vehicle interests would be covered.

So I guess what Shonky is saying means that they probably will be covering the offroad element.

I know most Ausies are obsesed with Ford/Holden but how many shows could they possible do on them.

The holden verse Ford thing true that. I ain't really a fan of poorly built sport cars like GTS's and GT's. The only Australian built "Sports" car I would buy would be a XR6 Turbo. Because it has technolgy in it rather then cubic inches to make power.

I wanna see a comparison between something like a SS or Clubsport or XR8 or GT verse a V6 D40 or a TB48 powered GU Patrol or V6 Hilux. Yep sure the commodore will smash the Patrol or Navara in a straight line or through the mountains but add towing test and family holiday stuff and Fuel economy figure's between them.

That makes for a more exciting show instead of "Woh man did you see that burn out in that fully sick commodore or that falcon".

Peter were they saying things like your a twat and thats shite in a pommy accent.

Dave.

Just downloaded it and yes.... It was crap.

Seem to be trying to emulate the origional which just p*sses me off.

All the hot laps that the 2nd Stigg done were in BMWs and Mercs. What about an ausie vehicle!

The soft roader thing. lol what a joke. If anyone got anything usefull out of that I would be surprised.

Just watched the 2nd episode and I actually enjoyed it, it still needs more work but it was a big improvement over the 1st episode. Still a fair bit lacking in details about the vehicles they are reviewing/playing with, I mean its supposed to be Top Gear, the people watch the show are interested in things like HP, torque, 1/4 mile times etc, I am beginning to wonder if they are trying to hide that sort of info to keep folks like the TAC, politicians and greenies off their backs or something.

2nd episode was slightly better than the first, it has a long, long way to go to come up to scratch with the UK series. The presenters annoy me to no end! they need to be more themselves.

The Utes vs super dump truck was good.

top gear au style

hhmm not sure which episode it was but i seen the 1 where they tried to compare the toyota cruiser/prado, range rover (not many can afford it) and 1 all wheel driver i cant remember the name of..thought that episode was ok...the range rover won and you could see y considering it looked like they were taking it real easy haha...
i would really like to see them compare the triton,navara,rodeo (aka colorado),hilux and isuzu..
would also like a little more details in their performance ie fuel economy, grunt for work...

Latest posts

Back