UHF Install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennyb

Reaction score
Hi all,
thought i'd share some info and pics on my uhf install i did on the weekend.
i bought a gem tx3540s which has the buttons on the handheld mic. didn't really have many options in mounting a a unit with buttons somewhere so thought this was the best option.

i stuck the unit under the front passenger seat and ran the cables underneath the cup holders and through under the gear stick and then into the drivers side underneath the steering wheel then through the firewall into the engine bay using plenty of cable ties.
to install the mic i popped out a blank switch plate and drilled a hole through it to slip the cable in.

overall was a pretty easy install once i figured out where to run all the cables etc.

any questions just ask. happy to help.
cheers, ben.

Attachments

• IMG_2010.jpg
    IMG_2010.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG_2011.jpg
    IMG_2011.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 486
  • IMG_2008.jpg
    IMG_2008.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 465
  • IMG_1999.jpg
    IMG_1999.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_1998.jpg
    IMG_1998.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 485
looks good, nice and neat, i couldnt find anywhere to mount the unit except for under the passanger seat, there is a steel plate under the actual seat its self, small drill and some rivets and no one knows it is there,

looks good, nice and neat, i couldnt find anywhere to mount the unit except for under the passanger seat, there is a steel plate under the actual seat its self, small drill and some rivets and no one knows it is there,

Mine is mounted behind the back seats

Where did you pick up the power, and is it switched?

Power is straight off the battery mate. And not switched.
If you get power from elsewhere and your out bush and if something fails then you want to still be able to use your uhf for help

Planning on installing mine next week and was wondering what side is easier to thread the wires through the firewall? I'm running the uhf from my aux battery in the back so need to run the fused power fires and the coax cable through to the interior. Is it easier to get the cables through the drivers or the passengers side??

Cheers

Latest posts

Back