Canberra Woman Driver DUI again

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
from the Canberra Times

A woman has been arrested after allegedly crashing into a stationary car at a red light in Kambah and returning a blood-alcohol reading of 0.172.

Police said the 41-year-old crashed her BMW 318i into a Hyundai i40 at the intersection of Drakeford Drive and Summerland Circuit in Kambah about 6.10pm on Tuesday. No one was injured.

Police asked the Giralang✓ woman to provide a breath test but she refused. She was then taken to the Tuggeranong police station, where she returned the 0.172 reading.

Police said the woman was driving without a valid licence in an unregistered car and was a repeat drink-driver.

She is due to appear in the ACT Magistrates' Court next month.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act...tionary-car-20140723-zvxrq.html#ixzz38GuJJsOK

Lock the bitch up she doesnt deserve to be in our society as she has no respect for anyone.
knowing our legal system she will cry and give a sob story and get a warning. If it was a guy it would be straight to Jail and no bail.

a 41 year old who is obviously an alcoholic mmmmm now really you think she would be hot?I would be thinking body like a bean bag and a face like a robbers dogs ass.
Canberra already has a shitload of fcuked drivers when sober. Se really dont need some pathetic wench cruising the streets .Maybe if they hadnt been so soft on her in the first place this wouldnt be an issue now.
Personally I reckon you get busted DUI you loose ya license for 5 years and if you get busted again you get a free stay in the grey bar motel. Possibly then people would take it seriously

I'd be more worried about someone on a phone running into me than a drunk I say the mobile phone craze is way more dangerous . we should get them all off the road

Lipps ??? I agree with Aussie Frontier some people don't accept help and they probably won't want it the drink rules their life. I have taught both my daughters to drive from age 11. The eldest is a learner in 2 years I dread them being on the road but so be it I hope that bitch has lost her licence for good.

Its one thing to be an alcoholic, its another thing to be an alcoholic who insists on driving everywhere. Bitch should be locked up and banned for life.
She must have nice lips and be good at err,, "polishing" to have gotten off so lightly.

The biggest issue is there is no real repercussions if she drives again hence the current situation.Obviously taking her license does nothing.Money in fines doesnt seem to matter ,she is probably on the pension anyway,so whats left?Take away her liberties and see if that works

As to the mobiles....
My damm truck doesnt seem to like mobiles either,every time I see someone yammering on her phone the damm horn goes off all by itself.It seems to work though lol 140db of air horn seems to stop conversations while driving lol

I'd be more worried about someone on a phone running into me than a drunk I say the mobile phone craze is way more dangerous . we should get them all off the road

Aussie's solution is one that I've been experimenting with.

I'm waiting for an idiot to jump out of their car asking me to stop blowing my horn because they can't hear the person they're talking to on the phone.

They can kiss my :reddy:

And before anyone wants to raise the issue of blowing the horn being illegal, it could be considered to be perfectly legal: you are allowed to use your horn to warn of potential danger. And an idiot on the phone in front of you is a potential danger!

i don't take as much concern to somebody talking on a mobile, whats the difference to the full debates and screaming matches that goes on over two ways? or the full conversation that goes on with passengers while one had flutters around helping with the story or holding a can of coke?

what i do really hate and get pissed about is people texting or looking up stuff on their phones while driving. the fact that you have to look away from the road and concentrate on a little screen to either type a message or decipher the last criptic facebook update from your long lost childhood first kiss is just ridiculous. If you want to kill yourself, by all means go ahead, just don't endanger everyone else while your at it!

On the original post, lock her up. Its not like she was just over a little bit, she was proper pissed and had no licence because of earlier DUI. She has no regards to anyone's safety and will no doubt do it again. What happens next time she doesn't stop for a pedestrian crossing and cleans up a kid? Obviously isn't going to learn from a fine at all.

Would be easy to create a device that stops reception while the car is running, or enforce a law which places hands free devices in ALL vehicles.
As for drink driving, in this day and ages there is no reason for it (unless life theatening situations which are rare and few and far between) especially around major cities i say up the penalties, publ;ic transport in the and around cities is good enough so there is NO excuse for it. i have no time or waste no pitty on those who get done for it.

What really gets me is the clowns texting. Even someone talking on a phone is easy to spot without actually seeing them chatting away. They slow down, speed up, wander all over the lane or out it completely.

You can have all the laws you like but it's not until something that is socially unacceptable the rates of it come down.

What is really needed is a advertising campaign that actually shows road crash carnage. Not simulated but real people, concious squealing in the final few seconds of life. But that is not allowed as it may offend certain sensitivitys of some.

What really gets me is the clowns texting. Even someone talking on a phone is easy to spot without actually seeing them chatting away. They slow down, speed up, wander all over the lane or out it completely.

You can have all the laws you like but it's not until something that is socially unacceptable the rates of it come down.

What is really needed is a advertising campaign that actually shows road crash carnage. Not simulated but real people, concious squealing in the final few seconds of life. But that is not allowed as it may offend certain sensitivitys of some.

Its amazing how many people cant handle the reality of life and what REALLY happens when they make stupid desicions that effect others.