Navarra Owner maybe soon

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoff

Reaction score
Hi all,

LEt me start the intro by a small confession, I dont have a Navarra, I drive an old Suburu Forester. Great Car and has lasted me well for over ten years but.....

Now it's time to get serious and love the feel of the Navara D40. Drive lovely.

Before I go out and spend a lot of the hard earneds though I need to check with you current owners of D40's. Wwhat's the quality like? I've heard all sorts of things about build quality, rattles, and clutches. Is there an issue? Is it a past issue? what are your thoughts?

Cheers
Geoff

Buy a D22, better vehicle except for the back seat.

I am biased though.

Dave.

Thanks Dave for your comment though back seat comfort is of high importance. My boys will learn to drive in this car eventually then my wife will have to sit in the back seat. Hence an imposed higher value on back seat comfort :)

Thanks Dave for your comment though back seat comfort is of high importance. My boys will learn to drive in this car eventually then my wife will have to sit in the back seat. Hence an imposed higher value on back seat comfort :)

There is an 18 month old comparison of the 6 twin cab utes by the Sunday Age gave the Tritons rear seat the best write up but then caned the drivers seat. Reading between the lines it seems the Navara came out second in the rear seat comfort (the Mazda was definitely the worst.)

PeterD

I'd agree with the write up on the Tritons regarding the drivers seat, we had one in at work for a fit up the other day and the drivers seat is bloody horrible, it's big enough but it is just flat and firm, you don't really feel like you are sitting in the seat, more like sitting on it, but they do have a huge back seating area at the expense of the tub size.

Buy the D40, more power, more room. Ive had one noise from engine bay however no problems with clutch and i tow heavy loads. I looked at the d22 but back seat way too small as was cabin.

Buy the D40, more power, more room. Ive had one noise from engine bay however no problems with clutch and i tow heavy loads. I looked at the d22 but back seat way too small as was cabin.

And they don't have Cruise control and you have to manually lock the hubs... Bugger that.. give me the D40, its a better truck all round...

Better truck ...lol

Couldn't say better built.

Auto hubs have proven to be unreliable in the past. I wouldnt call "them" better all round.

Last edited:
I probably wouldn't say they were better either if I owned a D22.... Hang on, I did own a D22 STR Diesel..... Good car, but the D40 sh!ts all over it... Power, comfort, drivability are all more refined then the D22... I traded up to the D40 Auto diesel STX, only complaint is economy, but that is getting better with the more miles I put on it... Getting 9.9lt/100

Have a search on other forums of the faults that D40's have had. Should keep you busy for a while :5:

Not saying they are all like that, but obviously quite a few have build quality issues.

Have a search on other forums of the faults that D40's have had. Should keep you busy for a while :5:

Not saying they are all like that, but obviously quite a few have build quality issues.

Search any mass produced vehicle and you will find faults. Not saying D40 is perfect but hey is does have more to offer on paper

WTF Laith, Search Google for blown turbo in the D22, there's quiet a few, but it doesn't mean all D22's are crap.. I for one had no problems with my D22. However, my brother in-laws D22 TD STR lunched itself twice...

Latest posts

Back