98 3.2 diseal??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim.duncan

Reaction score
hey guys

back again, i had my eye on a navara a few months ago but it fell through. now im in a position where i MIGHT be able to get another one

the car i first looked at is now sold so now starting to look at other options

couple i have my eye on are 3.2 diseals, are they any good? make good power or are they gutless?

also they are 98 modles

cheers guys

Great motor, from memory they make about 76kw.

They go reasonably well, shit all over the 3L and 5L in the Yotas.

A mate of mine has a 1997 model with the same motor and his sits well on the highway. Thats on 32's aswell.

Dave.

the car im looking at is interstate

i was really happy with the 3 ltr v6 petrol i drove will the diesel be just as powerfull???

iv never owned a diesel so im a bit unsure about them

i was really happy with the 3 ltr v6 petrol i drove will the diesel be just as powerfull???

iv never owned a diesel so im a bit unsure about them

The 3.2 diesel won't feel anywhere near as powerful as the VG30 you drove. Diesels as a rule have less power than petrols. What you will notice though is the diesel consumes half as much fuel, and is better off road for idling over obstacles.

Also, the 3.2 is a mechanical injection diesel, so it is easier to fix problems in the bush than with the VG30 which is EFI.

With an aftermarket turbo, intercooler and custom exhaust plus a dyno tune, the QD32 would really wake up and you'd have a bulletproof engine with about the same power as the later 3ltr diesel.

so a better option than the vg30 you reakon?

im not looking for it to be a power house just dont want it to feel like a big slug

iv never owened a 4x4 so i dont really know what im talking about ha ha

The VG30 is good but it drinks fuel fast, especially loaded or towing.

The SD25 is a big slug, the TD27 is a bit of a slug, the QD32 is a bit sluggish but not so bad that it limits what you can do. The QD32's engine braking and low down torque is really really good.

If you've never owned a 4x4 diesel, here's a few things you will notice - you'll be living life in the slow lane, the engine will sound like it's broken but it's not, and the first time you go off road with a group trip, you'll be hooked.

ok cheers for that

ha ha i dont understand how the first person who invented and heard a diesel was ok with it??? they all sound like they have a massive bottom end knock!

even though i have a little zippy supercharged car i normally drive it fairly slow anyway, i enjoy just cruising along so i think the 4x4 will do me just fine.

thanks for all your help

Latest posts

Back