Blue mountains and Goulburn trip. Need photography hot spots!! Help!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

her.d22

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Tomorrow we are off on road trip, it'll be Tara the Navara's first getaway! Pretty excited.

We are on a quest to find abandoned/derelict locations.

We travel round photographing old buildings etc that have gone to wreck and ruin. We have been to all kinds of places eg, Orphanages, Mental Asylums, Factories, Disused train stations etc.

Looking for input on some hot spots you may have passed in your travels or know of between Central Coast and Goulburn.

Feel free to reply to this thread but please don't specify location names or addresses as a lot of graffiti artists and vandals do a quick search on google to find what comes up and then trash the crap out of these awesome places.

If you have a specific location please pm me :)

Believe it or not it's an actual hobby, called Urbex. Short for Urban Exploring, a quick net search will give you a run down of what we do :)

Cheers

Last edited:
Goodluck
Have you thought about doing a thread on subject, with pics of course?

Goodluck
Have you thought about doing a thread on subject, with pics of course?

I'll probably make one later on! The only problem is I only generally post my pictures where I have control of other peoples comments, the reason being if they know the location where the picture is taken and then go and say where it is etc It's an open invitation for vandals. You'd be surprised how much it happens. I'm all for preserving history and like to see these places kept in tact for other photographers and urbexers to enjoy not the vandals and their shitty graffiti tags. Is there a way to set a thread to private for only members to see?

Here's an example. This is an abandoned Mental Asylum. It once housed Australia's criminally insane patients. Not sure how the picture looks for people on computers as I had to download this from my instagram so it's been shrunken.

uploadfromtaptalk1412116363537.jpg

Here's an example. This is an abandoned Mental Asylum. It once housed Australia's criminally insane patients. Not sure how the picture looks for people on computers as I had to download this from my instagram so it's been shrunken.

View attachment 17219

Loks like my last house party the next day. (dont tell the landlord)

Jason and I are currently having a discussion about this very thing in relation to other posts/threads. We are considering setting up a "Members Sealed Section".

Stay tuned.

Need to be able to close your own thread, so no random comments, then only the OP and the mods can comment maybe.

Jason and I are currently having a discussion about this very thing in relation to other posts/threads. We are considering setting up a "Members Sealed Section".

Stay tuned.

Need to be able to close your own thread, so no random comments, then only the OP and the mods can comment maybe.

That would be good. I wouldn't mind people commenting. Its more the risk of vandals/graffiti taggers coming across the thread on google by typing in keywords then finding out the location of these places because of peoples comments and going there to trash them.

Got some awesome photos by the way ;) Found about 6 places.

What about Duffys Forest the home of Skippy. The ranger headquarters is still there not exactly Blue Mts it is of historical significance. Most of the original props and descendants of Skippy are still there.
HJ

The old ruins at Lithgow are good to photograph along with Glen Davis shale oil mine.

This one on the way to Mudgee

image-3015873635.jpg

What about Duffys Forest the home of Skippy. The ranger headquarters is still there not exactly Blue Mts it is of historical significance. Most of the original props and descendants of Skippy are still there.
HJ
I have been there, not to take pictures though. It was years ago. My grandparents live right near there.

Latest posts

Back