Remote Dual Oil fitment D22 -2.5

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazza414

Reaction score
I've had this on for awhile but have never got around to posting the pics etc

Mounted up under the bull bar

Hard piped in mandrel bent 1/2" from oil filter manifold to radiator bulkhead

Hi Gazza,
Excuse my asking, but could you elaborate more re. the remote dual oil (filter?) fitment please?

Where do the line from the top of the filter run too?
Is there a link to a tech spec of the parts?

Hoses run from where original filter was located on the side of the block to the new dual oil filter manifold under the bull bar.

Could you clarify your question regarding tech spec please ?

Like it! Where'd u get the parts? Do you have lack of oil startup issues like dry sump race cars on the road? Does the oil maintain correct temp?

Like it! Where'd u get the parts? Bought some made some

Do you have lack of oil startup issues like dry sump race cars on the road? Dry sump motors dont have issues

Does the oil maintain correct temp? what is the correct oil temp ?

Nothing personal...

I'm just asking why

What benefit is there? What gain did you make but going to expense and trouble to do it? Or is it a case of cos you can do it, you did it.

You can in many ways , never have enough lubrication filtration...without conducting ongoing condition monitoring of the oil I cannot quantify the benefit based on oil cleanliness.
The other part of the question is yes I did it because I could, plus the setup now uses stock Ford Z9 filters which I an get Hi efficency versions too. Also doing an oil change now is mess free and simple due to the location and the orientation of the filters.

Nothing personal...

I'm just asking why

What benefit is there? What gain did you make but going to expense and trouble to do it? Or is it a case of cos you can do it, you did it.

use cheaper filters.
use muilti filters so you can extend the time between replacing filters.

the ability to easily fit an external oil cooler. thats probably the most important and strangely overlooked even in hot counties.

I can and have provisioned to externally port from the remote to an oil cooler and have 1 already...in saying that the 2.5l motor already has a water to oil heat exchanger...therefore the heat from the oil goes into the water which is exchanged via the passing air---all controlled by the water's thermostat...so its a catch 22.

The other slight benefit is that the oil capacity is increased (by approx 30%) therefore its ability to hold / absorb more contaminants is beneficial...

y...in saying that the 2.5l motor already has a water to oil heat exchanger...therefore the heat from the oil goes into the water which is exchanged via the passing air---all controlled by the water's thermostat....

yes/no on that.
while they do have built in oil cooler, its a bit of a double edged sword as it puts heat into the cooling system, but more important it heats the water before it goes to try and cool the engine.
factory one is fairly limited.

oil-air cooler is better as it doesn't cause problems with the water cooling system.

Only if you have air flowing over it and the water to oil circuit is removed

you need to look at the system process under different operation situations..

Latest posts

Back