opinions on 2" lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmike14

Reaction score
hey everyone,
Wanting to lift my d40 and just after advice. Got two inch lifted dobbinsons coils as well as foam cell shocks all brand new. For the rear im thinking of some foam cell shocks to suit the lift and getting greasable 2" lift shackles. What would be the pros and cons ?

Thanks in advance for opinions and advice :)

I believe extended shackles are illegal in all states, but if you don't care about that, you could give them a go. We went for OEM Dakar dual rate springs which gave us 85mm on the rear (greasable but standard length shackles). There are other spring packs that can do the lift for you without resorting to changing the shackle size.

We only managed 45mm or so up front, any more and the UCAs would need changing. Did you change yours? You might find they give you grief on full flex if you don't.

hey yea not to worried about legalities police up this way are pretty chilled with 4x4s they get a bit more picky after you go over 4-6 inches of lift. Might give the shackles a go. Building on a bit of a budget at the moment unfortunately just hate the stock sagged suspension. I reckon its dropped at least an inch since new and its a 2014 model haha.

Havent changed the control arms as of yet but that may definitely be something i have to look into soon if it clashes with the lift i got.

hey everyone,
Wanting to lift my d40 and just after advice. Got two inch lifted dobbinsons coils as well as foam cell shocks all brand new. For the rear im thinking of some foam cell shocks to suit the lift and getting greasable 2" lift shackles. What would be the pros and cons ?

Thanks in advance for opinions and advice :)
2 inch extended shackles will only give you 1 inch of lift when fitted and you'll still be stuck with the crappy stock springs. Your better off with a set of good springs to give you the height.
Cheers.

hey yea not to worried about legalities police up this way are pretty chilled with 4x4s they get a bit more picky after you go over 4-6 inches of lift. Might give the shackles a go. Building on a bit of a budget at the moment unfortunately just hate the stock sagged suspension. I reckon its dropped at least an inch since new and its a 2014 model haha.

Havent changed the control arms as of yet but that may definitely be something i have to look into soon if it clashes with the lift i got.

Extended shackles are rubbish.
Yes they are cheap but jeez they bugger what ever springs you put them on.
Best saving abs buying a decent set.
It cost me two sets of suspension because I did the wing thing first, Then shackles and now new correct weight leafs.

More expensive use but a million times better

Sent via smoke signals

Latest posts

Back