HUGE POWER from Diesel Smart Module

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madbenno

Reaction score
Hello Navara lovers!

Supercar in Mackay have now fitted an Outlaw 2.75" dump and exhaust as well as the DIESEL SMART module and Electronic Boost Controller to my D22 2.5 and it absolutely hammers. The power tune map made 110kw and 390nm at the wheels (only made 71kw standard!). I am running the tow map all the time though as it is brilliant on fuel and has heaps of power anyway
(102kw) and absolutely no black smoke. The module integrates into the injector loom and allows complete control over injector timing and ignition curve, I am extremely impressed with the module's tuning capabilites and would recommend Supercar to anyone. I will upload some video later thios week of the weekend's antics.

Madbenno

False advertising yet again.

They cannot control injection timing as they do not read the crankshaft signal.

Without knowing where the engine rotation is, how can they accurately or even safely inject the fuel earlier? Or how much earlier are the injecting it?

All they do is extend the falling edge of the injector signal. Meaning the chip reads that the injector is on and as it goes to turn off, it simply holds the signal for a fraction longer.

Better than a pressure only chip. The guy that owns the company that makes these chips over in Europe is best mates with the guy that owns Steinbauer.... So suffice to say, they are more than just a little similar in design.

The aussie company selling them is leaving themselves wide open for a law suit though, just as other companies false claims landed them in court.

Steady on man..relax! I don't know the full matrix! Just saying I am very happy with the results

I am only new to this forum...what's the go Northside? Why so angry? Not enjoying life? I thought this was all fun. If this is the go with the forum why bother

I retract that. Fair call on the timing thing. I am not into arguing. Only caning machinery. That is all.:rock:

I wasnt having a go at you madbenno.
None of my comments were actually directed at you, sorry if it came across that way.

Just pointing out the problems with the product.

Northside 4x4 says he is pointing out the problems with the product. Exactly what problem is there with the results reported by madbenno? Who cares about the method? we all care about cost, power, economy, and madbenno is Very happy with all 3. So far I see no problem with the product. All I see is another Chip dealer selling his product on its merits, and bagging another.

Northside 4x4 says he is pointing out the problems with the product. Exactly what problem is there with the results reported by madbenno? Who cares about the method? we all care about cost, power, economy, and madbenno is Very happy with all 3. So far I see no problem with the product. All I see is another Chip dealer selling his product on its merits, and bagging another.
What matters is reliability and will it kill your engine...

does anyone have information about engine failures due to Diesel smart installation?. Better still, I cant find any complaints about Diesel smart period, anywhere.

its not really about whats good bad.

fuel only control works ok.
but fuel and tining control works better.

if you really want to push it to the limits a chip that lets you tune the timing as well as the fuel will give you more power.

I fitted a diesel smart injector module to my D40 over the weekend and it has 4 modes. 1. Economy 2. Light tow 3. heavy tow 4. All out power I tried 2 and 3 and while the gave a huge hit of power looking in the mirror at the clouds of smoke was enough to tell me something is gonna give out but on tune 1. The economy tune it runs sweet with a nice slight increase in power where it would pull through 4th, 5th and 6th as smooth as it does 3rd with no smoke.
Overall im happy as i only paid a few hundred for it but without adjusting boost the other tunes are useless.

Latest posts

Back