Which Command Cruise Control kit?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rastik86

Reaction score
I been looking into the Command AP60 and other model cruise control kits.

I like the idea of the steering wheel mounted control switch hub available in the AP300 kit opposed to the dash mounted one in the AP60 kit.

The AP60 is listed and marketed as a DIY kit, whereas the other models are listed as professional install jobs.

Does anyone have any of the Command Cruise Control kits installed?

Looking for some help as to which one/s are suitable for the ZD30 and if they are easy enough to install.

Cheers

I have the Autron cruise on my 04 d22. Mine was fitted by an auto elec. was a bit under $800 fitted. Looks good with the steering wheel controls.

I have the Autron cruise on my 04 d22. Mine was fitted by an auto elec. was a bit under $800 fitted. Looks good with the steering wheel controls.

That sounds alright for professional fitting.

Mine is an 04 too.

Do you need the drive by wire or vacuum unit for the ZD30?

Any pics?

Last edited:
That sounds alright for professional fitting.

Mine is an 04 too.

Do you need the drive by wire or vacuum unit for the ZD30?

Any pics?
Ideally the drive by wire kit, but I know command do a pedal bracket kit for the zd30 for their ap500 servo operated electric setup that bolts straight in. I believe people have fitted the vacuum actuated kit to both navaras and patrols, which seem to work ok... The advantage with the drive by wire setups is they just plug straight in to the pedal harness and away you go. Whether they work any better is anyones guess, but as long as it works well enough for you to be happy with it, that's all that matters lol.

I ended up fitting an AP60 myself. When I first looked in to it probably 7 years back the AP300? was $800 and could only be fitted by trained fitters. 12 months later Autobahn said they don't fit them anymore as it was to much of a pain in the arse. The AP60 does the job but it's real slow from when you hit "set" till when it actually picks up the speed you set it for.

Ideally the drive by wire kit, but I know command do a pedal bracket kit for the zd30 for their ap500 servo operated electric setup that bolts straight in. I believe people have fitted the vacuum actuated kit to both navaras and patrols, which seem to work ok... The advantage with the drive by wire setups is they just plug straight in to the pedal harness and away you go. Whether they work any better is anyones guess, but as long as it works well enough for you to be happy with it, that's all that matters lol.

Thanks for the input bods.

I generally procrastinate and research things pretty well so that I will be happy with the end result.

The AP60 does the job but it's real slow from when you hit "set" till when it actually picks up the speed you set it for.

Thanks Rumpig. I doubt I'd let Autobarn anywhere near my car anyways.

How much of a delay is "real slow"?

I've had quite a look too, was very close to getting the ap500 (electronic version of the ap60) but the yd25s just don't have enough room around the accelerator pedal to attach a cable. The ap900 (drive by wire version) is apparently only available installed by an "approved installer" which they want around $900 for... I did find somewhere that would sell a "kit" with the car specific harness for around $650 from memory. The actual fitting and setting up is easy, just a bit time consuming. The harness plugs into the pedal and you just need to tap into brake pedal wiring, fit a switch to the clutch pedal and tap into speedo and tacho in the instrument cluster loom. They also have a steering wheel switch option or the stalk on the side of the steering column... there are a few other ones on ebay that are drive by wire, straight plug in. How good they are I couldn't say, but they are around $600 from memory. I will get around to getting a kit and fitting it myself one day lol, just recovering from the long range tank at the moment :/

I still can't work out why they never added it from the factory. For the sake of a couple of buttons and a program in the ecu.... but, that's cost cutting for you I guess.......

ZD30 has drive by wire but surges hence why you have to use actuator kit. Got one on mine easy enough to install and I kept the whole lot inside the cab.

I had the AP900 installed on mine from new. Was a $900 extra but I think its well worth the money. It works really well. Just a small stalk that goes on the steering column, if I remember I'll get a photo of it for you.
One thing to keep in mind but, the AP900 has a speed limiter function, from what I've read on here the factory setting is 105km/h. This means you wont be able to set the cruise above this. I think a technician has to change this setting. When I got mine it was the first thing I checked, luckily it has been set at 120km/h. Which doesn't bother me in the slightest because I would like to keep my speed down to 110 on long trips to save fuel.
It also has two memory setting buttons on it, so I just set up my phone with the torque app and set the two settings at 100 and 110 using the speed from obd compared against GPS speed (which is about 10% lower than the speedo reading).

Bods, you mentioned a switch on the clutch pedal. I didn't get that luxury. Pop the clutch in whilst on cruise control and the revs just go sky high. Do you know if the kit is meant to include this?

No mate, the kit doesn't include it, but the installer should have fitted one when they installed the kit. I do believe if they have hooked the tacho wire up it is also supposed to stop over revving when the clutch is depressed. Clutch switch is simple enough, it uses the same type of switch as the brake pedal. I do have a copy of the installation instructions so if you want a copy you can pm me your email address and I will send it through.

Yeah right, well the tacho wire might not have been connected then. I also noticed the other day that the heater switch no longer works. I guess this would have been deactivated because it takes control of the revs.

Either that or they forgot to plug it in lmao. There's no reason it shouldn't work, the cruise doesn't have anything to do with the heat switch...

I'm looking at the install instructions now and it says the tacho wire will prevent over rev if a clutch switch is not installed. You can also adjust the speed limiter yourself quite easily...

Thanks for the input bods.

I generally procrastinate and research things pretty well so that I will be happy with the end result.

Thanks Rumpig. I doubt I'd let Autobarn anywhere near my car anyways.

How much of a delay is "real slow"?

If going down hill it takes about 5 secs. up hill about 2-3.

Bods, doesnt the heat switch set the engine rpm at 2000? Maybe this is so crude it completely overrides the cruise controls ability to control the rpm

I'll have to check if that tacho wire has been connected. Maybe they are related issues lol

Bods, doesnt the heat switch set the engine rpm at 2000? Maybe this is so crude it completely overrides the cruise controls ability to control the rpm

I'll have to check if that tacho wire has been connected. Maybe they are related issues lol
Yeah, but only in neutral. When in gear it doesn't do anything....

Latest posts

Back