Go Back   The Navara Forum > D23 (NP300) > D23 Electrical

Old 24-07-2017, 12:32 AM

My Mood:

Got one at home, and it is staying there. The chances of shoehorning my wife out of hers are the original Buckley's and Nunn!

When I got the D23 the dealer did say that they get one occasionally as a trade in and they drive off the lot very quickly even in average nick.
Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2017, 06:50 AM

My Mood:

OK, now I have towed with it. I can say that the Towpro Elite is a pretty good unit and that fitting the remote controller dial in the switch blank between the seat heater switches was a good move.

The tow job varied from freeway cruising at 110KMH to stop start city traffic and as usual with electric brakes they became quite grabby after a while at low speed if they were wound up to a power level that was comfortable for freeway work. Putting the controller in the console allowed power level changes even while braking when conditions demanded it. When traffic was really slow I even changed between inertial and timed mode on the fly as it made the brakes more predictable, changing back when the road ahead cleared.

I reckon I will buy another for my wife's ute to replace the P3 Prodigy.

Oh, and while it has not got the fire of the V9X V6, it towed perfectly well even if the ground was fairly flat.

Old 08-10-2019, 04:32 AM

Old Thread dig up but did you ever find out if the NP300 had its own wiring for a brake controller? I have just bought a 2019 D23 and ill be installing a Tow Pro Elite.

2019 Nissan Navara D23 STX, 2" Suspension Lift, 265/65R18 BFG KO2 tyres, Custom Off-road Underbody Protection, Ironman Bullbar with factory fitted accessories tow and stow pack.