Aftermarket stereo brand

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitch92

Reaction score
G'day

What are people preferences when it comes to brand of stereo when going aftermarket?

Looking to ditch the 2DIN unit for a single DIN aftermarket + UHF.

So, what brands are better? Have looked at kenwood, alpine, pioneer and sony so far.

Oh and it's not going to have subs and that stupid shit, will only be going to normal stock speakers

Steer clear of Sony, can't go wrong with Alpine or Pioneer both good brands I think Alpine might be a little more expensive than an equivalent Pioneer though.

if ur after something basic but good quality to Kenwood

the alpine basics are crap same with the pioneer

BUT if you are going to go with a mid to high range model they are what you'd want

Eclipse are an ok brank aswell..

Phillips are good aswell

I have a basic pioneer with pioneer speakers and sounds pretty good, replacing the stock speakers made a good difference

I've always been a fan of pioneer head units. They're easy to use and i've always like thed 5 band graphic eq on them.

if you can afford it i highly recommend swapping out the factory speakers at least, that will make a world of difference.

Cheers,

TF

I've always been a fan of pioneer head units. They're easy to use and i've always like thed 5 band graphic eq on them.

if you can afford it i highly recommend swapping out the factory speakers at least, that will make a world of difference.

Cheers,

TF

I have no issues with the sound from stock speakers, it's purely being done so I have single din with a spare din slot.

Get the cheapest one that has all the functions you require, and get one that has sub pre-out. You can get compact powered subs that are really good and are cheap these days. Once you change all your stock speakers for half decent ones and can hear the mids and highs properly you will realise that the bass is absent in all your music. Your ears will thank you for it.
Im using a cheap sony headunit in the navara, sounds good, easy to use, enough tuning to get the sound right, iv got no gripes with it.

Last edited:
I have fond over the years with putting in my own sound systems that eclipse gives out some good quality sound but can be a little hard to tune properly if you get a up market one.hope this helps a little.

G'day

Ended up getting a clarion. Sound is good and was piece of piss to install. Very happy.

Thanks for the opinions

Mitch

Stereo in the D22 was a Clarion and still go it, stereo in the Dmax is a Clarion aswell.

Ill be sticking with Clarion.

Latest posts

Back