Chassis Movement? ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shakour

Reaction score
Hi everyone. ..today i was checking my front lower right side ball joint, wheel off jack under jack point under chasis and another jack under the lower control arm to play with lower ball joint. As i was releasing jack under control arm, and then jacking it up again, i noticed that the chasis towards the front of the car end had a noticeable up & down play respectively. .. is this normal...
if someone out there, as they are changing wheels or just wants to verify this, could let me know if this is normal or something is wrong with my ride !!
Cheers all...

What model? My d22 has a fair bit of sag when the front of the chassis is on stands...

D40 Spain built. .
fact is ive had 3 wheel balances front and back wheels cause of a vibration in sreering. Cant finf what is is...

Stock.. new.rotors and.pads.5k klm. Bushes and ball joints 12mths. Took it to different.mechanic and explained issue sughested an imperfection in the tyre. I was thinking.more.like.front.hubs.or.shaft.bearings..

No faults in tyres... a bit of play in left lower ball joint t (just did them 12mths ago same as top) same time i replaced all bushes with Nolathene brand (red) new mechanic inspected and told me Nolathene are crap... Need to replace them with SuperPro Polyutharene bushes cause they are better. ..
opinions on this???

Before you shell out any cash ... some people think polyurethane are crap too. It's often a matter of personal experience tied with what's been taught or bandied about by people who might have a clue. Personally, my car has ARB's OME Nitrocharger Sports which pack the polyurethane bushes and I can't say that they're a poor product.

However, you need to make sure that the problem is indeed in the bushes. I'd be examining them first. Nolathane bushes aren't bad. I know a few mechanics that swear by them.

Nolathane and superpro are both polyurethane, so how he came to that conclusion is beyond me... the problem with poly bushes is that being a lot stiffer than rubber, don't flex the same way rubber does. You really need to be able to keep them greased so the control arms and mounting bolts don't seize/bind up on the bushes. Whether you can get greasable bolts for the control arms I'm not sure, but in a 4wd, unless you have the ability to keep them greased, I'd be going with rubber bushes. If you are going to dish out for new ones, I'd give rubber a try again before any poly ones and see how long they last.

Thanks guys.. i thinking rubber bushes are probably the go as bods said... nolathene and poly seem to be a lot stiffer in my opinion as well.
Nolathene have given no good result... i thought i would get more than 15mths or so out of them...looks like NOT !
I'll give rubber bushes a go this time and see how they go.
Any good brands out there I could be pointed out to?
I also need decent top and lower ball joints for D40 2007 Spain built

This last set i got also crappie quality from Roadrunner on Ebay... right now making all kind of crackling noises as i steer the car...sooooo anoying !!
Any feed back much appreciated -;)
Cheers all...

Ok... so today i bought the rear gearbox mount and hopefully install it this weekend and see if that makes any difference as the the one on there now is apparently all cracked, the rubber that is. Maybe im getting this vibration through the movement on the gear box... failing that. .. i will look into replacing all bushes for Poly ones and see if that makes any difference.
will keep posting...

Latest posts

Back