Go Back   The Navara Forum > D22 > D22 Accessories

front vehicle height low?
Old 28-10-2019, 02:31 PM

Default front vehicle height low?

hey everyone, so the front of my car is sitting very low compared to some other D22 rigs with stock ride heigh. how do i adjust the height? the tyres scrub on the guard liners and mud flaps and hopefully rising it will help it a little bit. is it as simple as tightening the bolts for the torsion bar brackets? any help would be appreciated. cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links

Old 29-10-2019, 03:13 AM

Garage

yep, its as simple as winding up the torsion bars. i used to wind them up 5 rotations at a time, take it for a drive, then measure. just be sure not to wind them up too high, or you will put too much of an angle on the CV's!

Old 01-11-2019, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan.martin564 View Post
hey everyone, so the front of my car is sitting very low compared to some other D22 rigs with stock ride heigh. how do i adjust the height? the tyres scrub on the guard liners and mud flaps and hopefully rising it will help it a little bit. is it as simple as tightening the bolts for the torsion bar brackets? any help would be appreciated. cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As eric says.

There is a procedure in the manual with measurements to get them within factory specs, but probably unnecessary. Just wind them up to where they look right and measure each side to get them roughly equal (might be worth a wheel alignment after). You might find as I did that the back looks too low after you do it, as the original leaf springs usually sag.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:26 PM

Last time I did mine, I just kept the measurement to 12mm to the top of the bump stop.

2011 D22 2.5Cr. Fuel cap holder, bonnet scoop protection, Bonnet protector, Tint, Snorkel, tub liner, Tow bar, Bash plates, Sliders, Sus lift, DVD headrests, Idler Arm Brace, P Bull bar, Winch, Canopy, Dynapro ATM's, Alarm, Slim weather shields, EGR mod, +120's, 9' LED's, LED parkers, Seat covers, Variable intermittent wiper stalk, Dash mat, DVR mirror with reverse camera.