Will I need to sell the business?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanz

Reaction score
I feel dirty, as though I'm cheating on you guys. I've been over in the D40 section checking out the ladies cars!:sorry3:

After some 6 1/2 years and almost 100,000km in the trusty D22, it's time to move on. As the taxman continually puts his hand out, it's better for us to finance another car rather than hold onto what we own ( I could keep it, but it'll just rust away sitting out in the weather).

I looked at buying another D22, but just couldn't see the sense in buying what I already have but without the ZD30 motor, and after now owning a D40 hatchback (the wife's car, Penny Pathfinder) for the past few months have decided to go to the darkside and buy a D40!:confused3: I'm over 40 now, and I guess the softer ride and some extra room for the kids wins out over the 4wd ability of the current car.

We all know these are Hairdressers cars (and I do have a customer who owns a salon and a D40, with 20" bling wheels and the lot :blingbling:) so I can't imagine that it'll sit well when the D40 is parked out the front of the shop.

So, my dillema is, will I need to sell my Mechanical repair shop? Or should I just hide it around the back of the shed to keep my integrity? Maybe a poll needed?:jester:

Most D22 drivers will tell you that you'll need to invest in a bigger workshop because D40's break down more often but what do they know, the only thing I've had replaced on my car in 3 years is the peeling plastic door trim and steering wheel which they have apparently fixed in newer models, other than that mine spends it's life covered in mud and cow shit and only sees a workshop every 10,000ks.

Moving to a D40 you'll soon realise that us D40 owners just humour the lowly old D22 drivers who can't afford a real ute because we don't want them to pack up their bat and ball and go home.

who cares as long as you buy a ute of some description and not a mini van to drive kids around in you'd still be alright in my books.

D40's and D22's both have their place...

The D22's place just happens to be pulling D40's out when they get stuck :sarcastic:

I'm in the US at the moment and I cant believe the Nissan Titan Looks like a Navara on steroids and with a V8 to Boot ....................................:pissedoff:

Put pink windscreen wipers on it and frangipani stickers and just smash any cunt that snickers at it.

Just enjoy it - there's no need to hide it. The rascals in the D22s were all rah rah at the Muster last year and there wasn't much difference in performance between the two off-road.

The D22 is only marginally shorter in wheelbase than the D40 so in ramp-over it's only slightly "better" than the D40 anyway. The D40 has a wider wheeltrack so it's more stable than the D22, more power than the D22, more torque, more comfort ... and the D22 has MANY more drivers who use the term "hairdresser" to disguise the fact that they're jealous. Some D22 owners even get D40 seats for their cars.

and the D22 has MANY more drivers who use the term "hairdresser" to disguise the fact that they're jealous.

They also can't help if their utes don't have enough power to run hair dryers and keep the wheels moving.

Latest posts

Back