Turbo diesel to replace the V8 Utes?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah its a bit sad to see the v8s go, but two make racing always bored me and it will be interesting to see different utes with different engines and different strengths and weaknesses battling it out.
Also, how fukken cool do they look!

Hmm, I hear ya. But as a warm-up event/sideshow for the main event it could have legs. Id just love to see what "competitive" racing could do for aftermarket diesel performance and cool looking ute hard-lids and whatnot.

Last I heard the plan was to run them on a common chassis... Don't be surprised if none of the bits fit the road car. Common wheelbase and track will be the issue behind it all.

The V8 utes now are great to watch because they're road cars with just safety bits added, will be a shame to lose that aspect. But I agree that racing TD utes is more market-relevant and will still be fun to watch.

Last edited:
If they turn it into a common chassis platform they can go to buggery as far as I'm concerned. Just like V8 supercars, all running the same bullshit 5L engine that has absolutely no relevance to anything, too bad if you couldnt give a fukk about holden or ford even though its good racing, motor-sport to me is about different machines with different strengths and weaknesses that has at least some relevance to what you can buy off the showroom floor, and the ingenuity of teams interpreting rules, underdogs getting whopped with unfair penalties by f'uckwit officials but still manage to make a fist of it on race day.
Bring back the group A homologated racing where men were men and it was race on sunday sell on monday. Ok rant over, Fokker out ->

Latest posts

Back