D40 won't start could blown head gasket stop it from starting???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I have just purchased a Ranger??

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Baino46

Reaction score
G'day guys

My Nissan Navara St-x 2007 has an issue I was driving and out of the blue it just died on me and than overheated i got out out and it was pissing out coolant everywhere I was wondering if that sounds like a blown head gasket???? and also would that cause it for it not to kick over???? it turns over but than eventually kills the battery

Thanks

Where did the coolant come from exactly? Radiator?? Hoses split??If it got real hot somtimes they can tighten up...but if it turnes over that probs not the case.

It's possible that the coolant has gotten in to an electrical connection and caused trouble. There could be quite a few different things that cause it to not run. We need to narrow things down a bit first.

Can you smell diesel in your exhaust? If you do, and the engine's cranked over quite a few times, there might be something wrong with the air intake or CAS signal.

If there's no diesel smell, then fuel isn't getting into the motor. That could happen for a few different reasons - the ECU isn't commanding the injectors (possibly through a fault code, or a failure like the ECU earth), or maybe the injector harness has a fault. It could be in the fuel lines - first thing is to squeeze the primer bulb a few times. If it goes hard in less than 5 squeezes all is good, but if you get past 5 and it's still soft, there's a leak in the fuel system (which could be entirely coincidental to the overheating).

Latest posts

Back