Charging (Battery) Light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flynndog

Reaction score
The saga continues..

Driving home from work Monday and I notice a little red flicker. Thought, was that the oil light? Negative.

Turns out the charging light was flickering. No worries, had a new battery installed, connections loose. Tighten all connections, even the tight ones.

Seemed to do the trick. Then this morning driving and driving home this arvo flickers again. Then more and more and now its pretty much just on.

Manual says it is either belt or field circuit. I know the belt is good.

Could it be a pulley issue? It seemed to start low in the rev range initially then gradually got worse. Could also hear a sound when the circuit seemed to cut in and light went off, like a clunking sound. Pulley reactivating?

Alt is putting out 14.84V. That is at idle, but manual states if the light is on at idle it isn't a voltage issue. Also normal range is 13-15V, 15.5V @ 1500 rpm is an issue.

Any ideas before I have to fork out more f@#king money for this POS.

may i ask if you rev it can you hear it click in like suddenly it will grab. if it does that its probably a pully there is a recent thread on this

No. There is no change when I rev; exception is when in gear. It goes off as I release the clutch.

I had it looked at today by a couple of blokes who are auto elecs. They tested charge etc and that all came back good. So they reckon it could be the diodes.

Coming home today it seems to be appearing less and less, the exact opposite to how it came about. Maybe whatever it is is going away. Important to note they cleaned all the connections with some NF Electrical cleaner too.

Back