dig_options

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jest_r

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has purchased one of the (dig_options) double din, dvd/gps/reversecamera units off ebay or direct through them. If so are you happy with product. i was considering buying one but was wondering about the quality of the unit and if it has a direct setup to control frequenceys and gains for subwoofers in the unit?

Can't help with the question about Dig Options however there is some information on this site about another brand of unit:

http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=10995

Price does not always indicate quality or lack thereof and many products or components originating from the same manufacturer anyway.

Hope someone with a Dig Options unit can answer your question.

Just wondering if anyone has purchased one of the (dig_options) double din, dvd/gps/reversecamera units off ebay or direct through them. If so are you happy with product. i was considering buying one but was wondering about the quality of the unit and if it has a direct setup to control frequenceys and gains for subwoofers in the unit?

I have purchased one of these units from Dig Options, I am waiting for the new upgraded model to arrive from China.

Matt the owner has been keeping in contact with me explaining the new units will have internet capabilities plus a heap of software updates.
He sent an email from China a week ago informing that he has signed off on the new units and has given the OK for them to be shipped.
They should only be a week away now, if the units are as good as Matt's customer service they will be excellent.

Just a tip, Matt was asking if I thought setting up a group buy on this site would be a proposition, I explained that I had not been a member for long so I didn't know, he was going to offer around a $50 discount for a group buy if my memory serves me correct.

Don't buy on ebay, Matt offers a discount if you buy direct from him like I did.

Hope this helps,

Last edited:
I bought 1 of these last Tuesday of ebay and it hasn't even been posted yet.
Think I better Speke to Matt about the upgraded model I never new about.
Did not know they had a website, anybody got the address.

Cheers
Chado

Cheers
Chado

I'd say you will get the upgraded version regardless, just give him an email and you will get a message within a couple of days from him.

It is a little longer than usual because he is in China, re: the new upgraded units.

He is a very nice bloke to deal with and is always thinking of his customers.

[email protected]

Cheers,

Cheers
Chado
Sorry about saying "website" I remember now I originally saw a post on the Prado forum about these units and I contacted Matt through his email in the first instance.
He then sent me an invoice and I paid him through paypal.

Sorry for my first post on this as it was misleading.

Cheers,

yeah, i have been speaking to matt via email, he is currently away at the moment, but they seem to be doing their emails once aday, he said he would do a better price if dealed with him directly rather than ebay, he told me the unit i can plug in my wirless internet dongle and surf the web for through the unit.
it seems it doesnt have a dedicated subwoofer outlet on it, which i was really hoping for, as im pretty fussy with my music quality, but the extra of having the reversing camera, dvd player, ipod connect, usb connect, and for a little extra cash he would put in full version of oziexplorer maps (which im pretty keen on). sifted through 76 odd pages on prado point today about the unit and majority of people there seem to be really happy with it.
my only concern is will it forfill my want for quality music sound.... everything else ticks all the boxes.

yeah, i have been speaking to matt via email, he is currently away at the moment, but they seem to be doing their emails once aday, he said he would do a better price if dealed with him directly rather than ebay, he told me the unit i can plug in my wirless internet dongle and surf the web for through the unit.
it seems it doesnt have a dedicated subwoofer outlet on it, which i was really hoping for, as im pretty fussy with my music quality, but the extra of having the reversing camera, dvd player, ipod connect, usb connect, and for a little extra cash he would put in full version of oziexplorer maps (which im pretty keen on). sifted through 76 odd pages on prado point today about the unit and majority of people there seem to be really happy with it.
my only concern is will it forfill my want for quality music sound.... everything else ticks all the boxes.

I'm the exact opposite, too old for doof doof sound, just liked all the other boxes ticked, all I need is talk back and football on the sound front.

Hi Jest R
I have been using a Dig Options double din Radio/DVD/GPS system for around 6 months. Installation is a bit fiddly but you can get a good fit.
Everything work fine however I do have a problem with my Blackberry working with the Bluetooth intermitantly. But pls note this is most likely the fault of the Blackberry as my Nokia works fine.

I have attached a few pics for your reference.

Attachments

• Dig Options 1.jpg
    Dig Options 1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 227
  • Dig Options 2.JPG
    Dig Options 2.JPG
    212.2 KB · Views: 213
Sound is good and I still have factory speakers. GPS is good but I still run a seperate GPS (Garmin) for general use as you can not listen to music with the GPS running. I have already mentioned the issue I have with Bluetooth.

And finally, my FM radio reception is very average. Can not remember it it has been like this from new as I had some work done on the roof which would have required the removal of the antenna. I need check to make sure they re-connected it up correctly.

In the end, I am still pretty happy considering the price (just over $500).

i was reading on the pradopoint website about some others that have had some average reception on the radio, and i beleive mark has some boosters to add onto the ariel that he was giving out to see if that helped to those with reception problems. might be worth checking into.

I'm looking at one of these units to.

Been looking on his website, but can't see anything about internet compatibility (obviously just an internet dongle in the back).

Was thinking about getting front and back cameras.

Rear so the misses doesn't hit anything and front for 4wding. I figure it will help a bit to see tracks.

Sound is good and I still have factory speakers. GPS is good but I still run a seperate GPS (Garmin) for general use as you can not listen to music with the GPS running. I have already mentioned the issue I have with Bluetooth.

And finally, my FM radio reception is very average. Can not remember it it has been like this from new as I had some work done on the roof which would have required the removal of the antenna. I need check to make sure they re-connected it up correctly.

In the end, I am still pretty happy considering the price (just over $500).

i have the same model and can listen to music while nav is on mate

set nav up, press source and go to dvd ;)

I have purchased 2 of these units not the same model as above, and they were nothing but shit! GPS doesn't work half the time or freezes and sound quality is crap. I paid over $500 for each unit!

Latest posts

Back