Wiper Blade Replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kramtsew

Reaction score
When I picked up my new D40 the wiper blades were juddering across the screen and on having a good look at them it appeared that they had bent over from sitting in one spot since being originally fitted.
So I figured that I would see if it was possible to turn them over to fix the problem of them juddering across the screen when in use.
They are possible to remove the rubber inserts by carefully lifting up the end rubber cap and then by giving the insert a good pull you can unlock them.
I swapped them around and now the wipers work perfectly as they should.
Next question now is it possible to get hold of just the rubber inserts from the likes of Supercheap or from Nissan. The next time I am at the dealer I will check and also next time I am in a car accessory shop I will check out the generic blades that they have and see if they are suitable.

Has anyone else tried to source the inserts?

P1000261.JPG

P1000262.JPG

P1000263.JPG

P1000264.JPG

I posted last week about wiper blades. The Dealer only wanted to sell me the entire assembly. $95 for both sides!!

I posted last week about wiper blades. The Dealer only wanted to sell me the entire assembly. $95 for both sides!!

I am hoping that if its possible to get them out then we should be able to locate some suitable replacements.

The price of the Navara assy is nere on the same price that I paid for a set for the wifes Commondoor, and I had to sit down after the shock of the price :eek2:

The early (before 05/07 from memory) you can buy blades from Nissan although most of them won't know the part number as it is not shown in the catalogue and hidden in some sort of technical bulletin or faq or similar. After 05/07 there is no Nissan suitable blade for the drivers side. Passenger side did not change I believe.
The genuine complete blades are about $45-$55 (depending on the dealer/stealer) each. I have sourced a replacemnt complete blade for $22 each. They are slightly different lengths to the original but fit fine. I think the originals are 19' and 23" and the ones I use are 20" and 24" so more clear screen anyway. They also now come with a spare rubber so you basically get a new blade and a refill for it.

Hey Kr****** ! You did good pix of the blades. Mine are shot because of crows viewing their ugly image in mirror of screen. Wish they were also shot. They have wrecked my wife's RAV blades also. Hope to make an adaptor to use normal cheap-o-s. At the moment we have to cover our windscreen every time we park at home. We like birds but not crows which, when we were on the land, pulled out sick sheep eyes to eat while they were alive. BTW, just finished fitting a rear view video cam under the lift up tail gate handle to show in the Hema GPS. Magic ! (Fitted it upside down to get correct horizontal view in spite of the extra wire they have for it.

I replaced mine with silicone jobbies from soupercheap, got the white ones so they match the duco. I found it pretty easy to put them in, they are the ones which have the dual sizing on them, just slide out the old ones and CAREFULLY slide in the new ones. If you push too hard you will bend them and life becomes so much more difficult.

Make sure you pay attention to which end you have the little metal retainer clips finishing at, from memory I had one of them the wrong way around and had already bent it. So it's not really being retained by anything. But no problems yet, did a 450km drive from Albany to Perth in the rain and no issues!

You can get the replacement units complete from Super Cheap, they are made by Tridon and the 2 part numbers are TFB18H & TFB24H.

Great news HJWB & old mate rescue ! Will hit Soupercheap today to see how I go (oops! never bought old wiper blade in so maybe tomorrow) Pot of gold there rescue, the part numbers. We have access to Tridon in our little shop so can always go that way. A Tridon thermostat saved one of my donks from over heating years ago. Quality products. The old thermo was sticking in hot summer weather. Oh the power of forums !

Well done re blades

Great hints there. As the blade assy looks awful expensive, glad to be getting some feed back.. BTW can you do a pix of the Caddy canopy & do you like it now, after using it? Thanks RockyOne Emerald Qld:cheers!:
I replaced mine with silicone jobbies from soupercheap, got the white ones so they match the duco. I found it pretty easy to put them in, they are the ones which have the dual sizing on them, just slide out the old ones and CAREFULLY slide in the new ones. If you push too hard you will bend them and life becomes so much more difficult.

Make sure you pay attention to which end you have the little metal retainer clips finishing at, from memory I had one of them the wrong way around and had already bent it. So it's not really being retained by anything. But no problems yet, did a 450km drive from Albany to Perth in the rain and no issues!

Latest posts

Back