My Single Cab Tourer- D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawry

Reaction score
Hey Guys

While the car is clean i thought i would throw up some pics of the nav.
bought it in WA and got it couried over to NSW. It was just a bare Nav,
added Most things that are obviously aftermarket
Everything you see is custom made and a garage job.
Car: 2003 ZD30 with 125,000k

Exterior:
Custom home made Rocker sliders with Brush bars.
Restored Fiber glass canopy- with new seal, lights water tight (this will be our house for the up coming road trips)
31x10.5r 15 Dick cepek FC11
Full HID lights all round with Pencil beam up front.
Inter-cooler scoops in Winch bar
Custom home made Front Recovery point (12mm carbon steel)
Custom 3.5 inch Stainless Snorkel
TJM or ARB winch bar ( i think)
Full steal tray- ground back with rust epoxy paint
Chassis Also fully restored and resprayed
Rebuilt Rear brakes

Suspension:
HD torsion bars with 2 inch lift front
Helper Coils rear with leaf removed- 2 inch lift

Interior:
Head-unit with Bluetooth,usb,AUX, SD and ipod dock
Digital EGT (chipit)
Boost Gauge
Turbo Timer
5x7 Alpine speakers in custom speaker box behind seat.
Rubber Mats
UHF Radio
Dynamat- Sound Deadening in Doors and rear wall

Engine:
zd30-serviced every 5k with 10k filters and 20k diff and gearbox oils
EGR block, Butterfly mod
2.5 Inch Turbo back with small hotdog muffler (no Cat)
New turbo
Custom Catch can with filter
Custom Airbox running original zd30 filter
Chip it Module
Xr6 Front mount inter-cooler (2.5 inch) With scoop
4Terrain HD clutch kit

Coming in mail: Devils own- Water/Methanol injection
Finishing off dual battery kit (105aph with 600w inverters and 12v audio sockets)

To come:
4x HID roof lights
Rancho 9000XL all round

Nearly Finished!

If you guys could value this for me it would be appreciated, im not going to sell im just curious

For more pics just ask

824-edit.jpg

826.jpg

827-edit.jpg

828-edit.jpg

Cheers Matt

Last edited:
Nice looking Nav.

I think the steel winch bar and brush bars look mint. Would like a set on mine but dont have the skills to make stuff like this.

Aw thats good to hear, ive saved bucket loads doing it ourselves.
love the car, great offroad, onroad and plenty of power!
ill post up some pics and maybe a video of how benifitial the water/methanol is on EGT in the near future

Any info on the water/meth system.

Have been looking a bit into this myself and was going to give it a go once funds allow in the new year.

I was thinking of having the system turn on with a boost switch AND a switch through an EGT probe. So the system would only turn on over 10psi and over 250-300 degrees EGT.

This would limit the water used but still make the system worth while. Wouldnt turn on under light driving but would as soon as you get into it a bit.

The biggest thing is water use, 300deg EGT is nothing you will be on 350-400 at 100km/hr ( manifold temp)
your boost will be close to 10psi aswell with EGR block.

I will be running a boost switch without a progressive controller so it will be on from 14psi and up, basically when my chip is activated at cuizing speed- Throttle depth)

In my mind unless your looking for power not EGT reduction you can have the injection on at lower boost levels but remember your water use will be huge.

I will be running a 20L container and my flow rate will be 4.75gph which is around 18L, so i can last a touch over an hr with the meth injection activated which be will only be at high boost.

this setup around the illawarra means it will last months.
However on trip north beyond Sydney it may last approx 2 tanks as i dout i will be higher than 14psi for any more than 30-40 mins a tank- thats alot even for a 6-7hr drive, you dont oten have your throttle pegged for that long.

So at the end of the day, you have to choose it for power or EGT, im obviously flavoring EGT, as the chip is the only thing that will rise my EGT to high levels, with stock standard temps i wouldn't even worry, in my opinion theirs no point getting water meth if your not running a chip or your not towing, unless your aiming for power but you will eat through fluid in no time.

I hope this makes sense

Just finished the meth kit, finished tuning
its a brutal kit, with a decent mix towards 50/50 it will act very similar to a chip in performance.

for 360 posted from the US, that with dual nozzles and solenoid upgrade its almost 1/5th the price of a chip with very similar benefits minus the climb in EGT's.

However one small negative is the climb in EGT when you combine a high mix of methanol with the chip engaged. The combination will give you higher EGT but only by around 5-10%.

Ive only experimented with 40/60 being the heights, I've now got it closer to 20/80 still a great performer.

With water alone you can still feel it kick in but when the methanol is added to the mix it starts to really show its performance benefits.

as for EGT reduction it would only be present with a low mix 20/80 or straight water in my opinion also having it set lower helps, mine is around 12-13psi when it activates

I will try and get a video up before i leave for my road trip but I've only got a week to prepare.

End of the day its a great little kit from devils own, very easy to follow, great instructions, quality parts. Very happy.

New tyres, and Shocks
maxxis 764-31x10.5
ranchors9000xl (2 inch raise in the rear)

221664_10151383961788412_1417101819_n.jpg

549981_10151383962288412_1175671950_n.jpg

going to fabricate new rear mud guards out of 4mm checker plate (alloy)
as they scrub on full flex and they need to sit out wider.

579926_10151383962968412_1751377486_n.jpg

nice 22, much better with the muddies.. I've been looking at the 764's.. How do you like them so far?

You have an old 3ltr that does the job and is good on fuel why bother with water meth? It will make such a small change to it it's not worth the $ just my opinion properly treated 500k is possible i carn't see my yd25 doing that give me my d21 td27 anyday stuff the power:offtopic3:

thanks guys

the 764 are great, not as noisy as i thought they would be, just a hum on the highway at 100, Superb traction both in the dry loose dirt, rocks and of course the mud, not sure what there like on wet tarmac have to wait and see.
got them for 800 fitted.

the water meth has been one of the best engine mods i have done, Its not fuel economy thing (however it can help) nor a fuel treatment. Its an intake injection system that boost power and torque. It easily capable of making the same power as the top levels chips (eg chip-it) however you can create a huge power curve by altering the boost solenoid (when the system activates). Other benefits are a clean intake and combustion chamber, less smoke more boost and less EGT.
in my opinion its better then the chip, as the chip is activated via the TPS and its either on or off with little to no modulation, so you have standard power or over powered hot EGT, water meth has a broad power band with huge modulation.

each to there own, have you run water/meth before happy john for 300-350 posted i cant complain

Last edited:
new checker plate guards are drawn up and at the sheet metal fabricator.
should have them finished, bent, fitted and wire brushed by Thursday.
should stop my wheel from locking on heavy flex.

All done, took a bit longer than expected as i had to attend to some other turbo matters.
9542_10151389577528412_210407244_n.jpg

Thats the start product

5mm thick- made it very hard to work with but dam strong.
8378_10151389578098412_1210110282_n.jpg

had to be wired brush to give it a raw metal finish as it was originally in the steel works and suffered corrosion.

All done
562186_10151389572323412_959033624_n.jpg

65372_10151389576303412_1525910584_n.jpg

Should have enough clearance now
157002_10151389574323412_2110602051_n.jpg

all built with mud flaps, folding, cutting, and 8.8 high tensile with lock nuts= total of $90

very happy with the end result.

NEXT project!
538691_10151389576978412_602530507_n.jpg

unsure of the size close to 100L or so- need to work out a way to fit it in under the tray without removing the tray haha, very tight fit.
will have a 12v pump, shower fittings etc.

Latest posts

Back