2.5 crd egt temps

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparra04

Reaction score
i have searched and read heaps of threads but cant find specific info on what is a safe egt post turbo for the 2.5 crd
i have beau exhaust with no muffler and egt stays at about 250 c while cruising
with trailer on and foot to floor i can get it up to about 400f
i have alarm set at 650c
any thoughts on when temps are in the unsafe zone
thanks

Last edited:
Where is your probe fitted? To be honest, post turbo I am happy to run mine up to 1000f. The most I have had it is about 800f, that is with the probe in the dump pipe approx 2" below the turbo outlet. It normally sits on around 600f cruising at 100km/h.

Are you sure those temps are in f and not c? That just seems really low... 1000f is about 537c

don't D40 YD25's get up to like 700c pre turbo? I wouldn't worry to much about your temps they seem really low.

probe is post turbo in a beaudesert dump pipe
i guess temps will rise more when i fit chip
i might ring chipit and ask at what temp they have there chip cut out
dont want to melt pistons

Chip it units are set to the owners guidelines. I have mine set at 600c kick in and 540kick out. I'm hoping my beau system will drop my temps. At the moment with chip set at mod range egts are at 350 celsius cruising and can hit 500+ on long inclines. Had it switch off a few times

Fitted up a Auberins egt gauge today and did a comparison between stock 15psi and 18psi with Chip. This is with a 3" exhaust and Nissan air filter and probe fitted 75mm below the dump flange. Hard hill climb for 3 kms at 10deg ambient in stock setting gave me 565deg, plugged the chip in and wound the boost back to 18psi, that produced 600deg, everything happened a whole lot quicker, temps and speed. Normally wouldn't go 75% of that but I will be towing a big boat soon and it won't be 10deg..

What sort of temps should I be looking at?

I've got a chip tuning dominator chip on tune 7 which is just a slightly modified chip it rail chip i think and i'm running 18 psi of boost.
Anyway, its about 250-300 C around town, gets up to about 450-500 C on the freeway doing 120 up every hill, that's unloaded. Haven't done a big trip with it all installed yet.
One of my mates rang the bloke at yd25.com and he seems to think the yd25's can handle high egts well because they have large oil squirters under the pistons for the size of the motor. My mate was concerned because with 18 psi and his steinbauer set to max he was hitting 600 C on the same hills i was doing.

When mine gets up to 600c I start to sweet bullets. I have had it as high as 700c and before I got my EGT gauge installed I would hate to think how many times I have had it there. Once my camper is on its hard to keep the temps down, but they do drop pretty fast. I have always run Nulon engine treatment, so I hope that is helping things.
Cheers. Brad.

Not sure how much difference the 1200mtrs above sea level test hill I'm using will make to the air/fuel. I will try it again at lower elevation.

Would be interesting to hear from someone with a O2 sensor who has done some driving in the Alps as to how much it changes the A/F ratio as you climb.

Latest posts

Back