im looking at getting bigger tyre,need advice

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussie.lyons

Reaction score
I have 03 str dual cab has 2 inch suspension lift ( extended shackles,torsion bars ) and 2 inchbodylift,what's a good tyre to put on for ofroad? I want big but not much drama ,cheers.

I have a 4" lift and use 265/75 BF KM2's on a 0offset rim, will be going to a 285 when they wear out, there is no rubbing with the 265 but you will have to hack the guards to make the 285's fit properly

When I went from standard size to just 265/75/16 I could not believe the amount of power I lost, I would not go any bigger without doing the chip exhaust ect, thats where it gets too expensive for me.

Yeah. I was expecting to hack the guards for the 285s,but I'm pretty keen on them,and yeah I got a 2 and 3 quater inch exhaust,and chip intercooled etc

I believe it also depends on what kind of off road you are doing.
The way I see it is:
Mud Rocks and Mountains = 255/85-16 BFG or Maxxis Mud pattern
Touring Road and Sand = 285/75 or 305/70 BFG or MT or Cooper A/T pattern

Hope this help

Happy Easter

I don't think maxxis and cooper are any better or worse then the other brands at that kind of stuff, alot of it comes down to driver skill.

When I went from standard size to just 265/75/16 I could not believe the amount of power I lost, I would not go any bigger without doing the chip exhaust ect, thats where it gets too expensive for me.

Agreed. Even on a D40 I wouldn't go up to 33's without some power increase.

when I put 265/75's on my last D22 ( a 2.5) I never noticed the difference, on my current one with the ZD30 it went from something not that slow to basically a tugboat.

For me 32" tires seem to be a good balance between 'going bigger' and power loss. When I first fit my 265/75's I noticed a slight increase in fuel consumption and loss of power. That being said, I'm happy with the power my Nav makes (non-chipped) but I think going up to 33's will suck just that bit more power from the motor to be a pain in the arse. There's a lot more mass & cost per tire in a 285/75 for a measly 1/2" ground clearance gain in my humble opinion. Plus 32's are now legal and they make my speedo almost accurate.

I know there are plenty of forum members here who run 33's on stock D22's and are very happy with both tires and engine performance but for me the minor off road performance gains 33's give are negated by cost and potential power loss.

I have considered them in the past and I still haven't ruled them out completely. I would definitely like to try some 33's out first before I committed to buying. My other concern is that 4L even running 32's doesn't feel low enough for my liking so I've always assumed 33's would require crawler gears. Thoughts?

Cheers

Just wondering whats the biggest tyres you can go on the stock d22 2010 model 2 spoke rims?.... basicly want to get muddies.. I have a 2" suspension lift but no body lift but definently going to get 2" body lift.

without body lift whats the biggest and with body lift the biggest....

thanks

Mate I fit 265/75/16 on +20 offset rims with no suspension lift and no body lift. Minor scrubbing on the inner lower corner of guards. Only requires a trim of the plastic and everything runs clear.

Most ppl with a 2"sus + 2" body lift can comfortably run with 33's depending on offset of the rim.

Out of interest and to keep these tyres / rims/ lifts threads continually popping up...how about a sticky

tyre size max against suspension lift and body lift

that way board members can refer to this directly rather than as I mentioned the entire question being rehashed every few weeks / months

just a suggestion moderators

im just about to fit 285/75/16 federal couragia mt's on 16x8 0 offset.
$1720 all up for 5 tyres and 5 sunraysias.

im running 2"suspension + 2"body lift, expect to mod the front guards a bit.

most of it is useless, alot of people don't say what wheel, what offset, how much they had to cut, how much they cost ect all the useful details are missing.

265/70 and 265/75 will fit easily even without a lift on the stock wheel which is +40 I have read any wheel up to about +7 is fine using a 265/75 if you have a 2" suspension lift or 2" BL or like me just wound your torsions back up.

to fit 285/75r16 you will have to do major cutting even with a 2" lift, I saw one guy cut a 5cm chunk out of his stock alloy bar, to fit them without to much cutting you need a 2+2 lift no question about it and as positive offset wheel as you can find in 8" width as anything less is illegal and you could be told to shove it by insurance.

Latest posts

Back