ZD30 Nav won't start

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatout

Reaction score
Hi Guys

My ZD30 nav is having a random issue where sometimes it cranks but won't start.

Just wondering what symptoms are typical for the common causes like earthing problem, glow plugs, faulty starter, bad crank angle sensor etc

Have you cheacked the glow plugs my old d32 zd30 did the same thing changed my glows all sweat after that

Could also be fuel. If it's difficult to start after it's been sitting for a while but ok after a short break, it's possible that a leak has developed around the fuel filter.

What is the voltage on the battery after it's sat for 6-8 hours? If it's below 12.6V, the battery might be on the way out - still enough power to turn the engine over, but not enough volts to run the ECU.

Glows are a possibility, particularly if it's only difficult to start when cold. Simple test: get the car started, run it for 30 seconds and shut it down. Count to 5 and then start it again - if it starts easy the second time, it's NOT the glows, it's more likely a leak. If it's hard to start (slow cranking) it's the battery, if it's cranking fine and still hard to start, it's probably the glows.

If the car runs fine normally (any time other than when you're starting it!) then your CAS is probably just fine.

Ive just had a similar problem. Yesterday it was cranking a few times then finally started. Happened again this morning when heading to work and the same heading home from work. Battery is a few months old so rules that out

Forgot to add its a zd30. Was running a little rough as well majority of the way to work as well.

Was yours doing the same? @flatout

Fuel system leaking air and the fuels draining back to the tank?

Ok. So after a couple of pumps the primer goes hard so seems ok. Tried jump starting with no luck so not the battery. Glow plugs are getting 12v.

It ran fine the day before this started.

Subz I might try replacing the glow plugs. Do they normally get hard to start if the glows are going bad or do they just die suddenly ?

Ok. So after a couple of pumps the primer goes hard so seems ok. Tried jump starting with no luck so not the battery. Glow plugs are getting 12v.

It ran fine the day before this started.

Subz I might try replacing the glow plugs. Do they normally get hard to start if the glows are going bad or do they just die suddenly ?
yer the car gets very hard to start had them changed it fixed the problem see how you go

Hey guys, havin same problem but its only started doin this after i changed exhaust from stock to 3" pipe its never struggled before i changed it

Cheers for reply 75,one more question tho how do i reset ecu?

Navman,

Very easy to do a ECU reset..

Simply disconnect your negative battery terminal
Hit the brake pedal a few times to make sure there is no power left to the ECU. Or even just put your lights on for a few minutes THEYV will not illuminate but you are just trying to drain any excess power left the ECU Computer..

Reconnect negative battery terminal
the computer ECU is now reset.

It will start to learn again Plus adjust it's self for your exhaust.

And it will also adjust to your driving style..

This is something you should always do when you do something mechanical to your vehicle..
Even simply changing your fuel filter. I recommend to do an ECU reset..

And it takes no time at all..

. It's all about the computer relearning any changes done!!!

Hope this information helps

Mate ur all over it, just done it she works a charm starts first pop every time cheers for that info 75 ur legend

Also check the earth going from your engine to chassis. I had similar issues as described with starting and my earth cable was corroded and dropping voltage badly

Latest posts

Back