Go Back   The Navara Forum > General Discussions > Main Forum

The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.
Old 15-10-2010, 12:11 AM

My Mood:
Smile The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Hi Guys,

Received this E-Mail from Nissan this morning.......

Thanks for registering for information about the most powerful tradie - The Nissan Navara. And just when you thought it couldn't get any more powerful we bring you the new Navara ST-X 550.

It boasts a V6 turbo-diesel engine, producing 170kW of power and 550Nm of torque, making it the most powerful tradie in its class and the only one to have a V6 turbo-diesel engine for real pulling power. Plus with its 7-speed automatic transmission and Manual Mode, it's as smooth on the worksite as it is on the road.

If you want to be the first to see the power of the new Navara, head to Sydney for the 2010 International Motor Show from the 15 to 24 October.

For more information about the ground-breaking power and performance of the Navara ST-X 550, visit nissan.com.au/navara

Matthew Baily
Brand Manager Commercial Vehicles

I was unable to bring the photos across, it does look pretty much the same as the current D40 but it has a small 'V6' badge on the lower front corner of the front doors.
Sponsored Links

Old 15-10-2010, 01:01 AM

My Mood:
Garage

I just read the Nissan blurb, & I have drooled all over my keyboard.
How much I wonder.
Phil
2009 D40 STX 2.5TD 6 speed man D/cab, silver with TJM T15 steel winch bar, Narva Ultima rectangle (1 pencil & 1 spread beam) driving lights, Safari snorkel, tub liner, soft tonneau, TJM bash plates, GME 3200 UHF, 3000kg tow pack & electric trailer brakes.

Old 15-10-2010, 01:19 AM

My Mood:
Garage

damn.... i haven't even taken delivery of my 2.5 yet and i already want to trade it in.

Old 15-10-2010, 01:19 AM

Stupid little 2.5L. I want a V6 now.

Old 15-10-2010, 01:28 AM
rotartsinimdA

My Mood:
Garage

I was considering tossing the 4cyl in for the 6, but I'm fairly happy with the power and economy of the car that I have.

I didn't buy a diesel so I could drag Commodores. All I need to be able to do is tow my caravan and recover the occasional Hilux. So far, I'm happy with my vehicle's performance - enough so that I couldn't justify the additional expense of the V6.

A lotto win would change that, as you'd expect - but then there would be a lot of acquisitions I'd make "on a whim".

Check out the FAQs by clicking here!

Visit the Australian National Navara Muster website: www.navaramuster.com.au

Muster sponsors - please support:
ARB, Forefront Industries, Tough Toys, Zordo's 4WD Suspension, 4WD Systems, Avenger 4X4,
Opposite Lock Narrelan, Opposite Lock Penrith, Harrop/Eaton E-Locker,
Seldom Seen Vehicles & Engineering, Ultimate Suspension, Berrima Diesel

"You can't fix stupid. Leave it be, and stupid will eventually fix itself - just stand clear while it does what evolution makes inevitable."

Old 15-10-2010, 02:41 AM

My Mood:
Garage

They say that it may be around the $61000 mark, according to the online gossip,, They look very much like the Titanium model and so far only have 3 available colours,, Black, Silver, and White,,, Carn,t wait for the inside Photo,s

Old 15-10-2010, 02:57 AM

My Mood:

You would reckon for the extra money you would want to see something like the ST-L Pathfinder interior. Leather trim, electic seat adjustment with memory, auto dimming rear view mirror, all that sort of stuff.

Not that it would make it better as a 4WD (Worse in fact) but you would want to see some nice trim for that kind of money for a ute..

Old 15-10-2010, 03:04 AM

My Mood:

Just look at Nissan UK website if you want more photos.

Old 15-10-2010, 03:55 AM

My Mood:
Garage

Looked it up last night and they expect to be $59000.00 for the ST-X, and a whopping $79000.00 for the Pathfinder. Would be a nice engine to have, but man you pay for the privilege.

Old 15-10-2010, 04:46 AM

Just put one on order it will be the 6th one in Australia. I can't wait
I have no price details as yet but (60k should be close) and no delivery dates either but should know on Monday
Manual and Black