'08 ST-R Stalling when cold and blowing blue smoke

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darze

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and I am not mechanically minded, however I do do research about my ute.

My Navara has been cutting/stalling while cold. Once she's warmed up she runs fine but if it stalls a few too many times, it's a pain to get started. Further to that, when I have the rev's up, she blows blue smoke, whether warming up or accelerating.

So far we (mechanic and I) have checked, the Computer Board - No errors, reset all the injector codes. Fuel lines, clear. Chains were replaced last year.

Next step is sending off the injectors to be tested. Does this sound about right? Have I missed any simple solution?

yes don,t go overboard getting items like Injectors checked out as you say this only happens when the engine is abit cold, Injectors don,t warm up and run better you know. with a petrol engine they started with the Choke that was On when the engine was warming up so it wouldn,t snuff out, now there are items like ISC [ idle speed sensors ] TPS [ throttle position sensors ] MAF and Map sensors plus more and most of these little guys help the cold engine to keep running without cutting out . even Coolant sensors combined with the thermostat assist in cold engine starts and running. i would start by cleaning power connections to the sensors and maybe worth while to replace the thermostat , atleast if this is not the cause you know whats been replaced and cleaned.

Back