2010 ST-R tub liner issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldeverell

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first post to this forum so hi to everyone.

I have an issue with my newly purchased 2010 ST-R. I have elected to go with a Nissan factory drop in over the lip tub liner - but to my dismay when I picked it up (see pics attached) I was not real happy with the fit.

The tray liner is good at the back and sides, at the front of the tray is a different story. The liner does not lip at the front and the corners have been cut (which allow a heap of water and dust/dirt in).

I have been back to the dealer I had it fitted from but am getting the "that is how it is" story. I thought I would post to see if anyone else out there has a genuine over the lip liner for their ST-R and if the fit is the same. It looks really untidy and any ammunition I can get for my next visit back to Nissan will be most welcome.

Thanks again for reading.

Attachments

• tray1.jpg
    tray1.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 156
  • tray3.jpg
    tray3.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 160
  • tray4.jpg
    tray4.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 142
  • tray5.jpg
    tray5.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 158
  • tray6.jpg
    tray6.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 144
Hi and Welcome

Well ar yep that is what my liner was like . Fortunately I got a hard lid second hand and butchered it further to fit . Several people have commented that spray on liners are better for protection from dust and wet. I don't know if you will have much joy with your Nissan dealer, Good luck

"Thats how it is"????? These Nissan baboons must think its a factory option to supply/fit a liner with built in water traps hey? That is just plain ridiculous.

What the chance of getting your money back and telling them to stick their liner if they think that is how it should fit? How it is, its a water/rust trap for sure.
As Steve mentioned, a spray liner definitely seals out moisture from the tub, and is nice and grippy to boot, nothing slides around on it.

Hopefully you can get some sense out of those knuckleheads, do Toyota do stupid things like that? Unbelievable.

I obtained a drop-in liner afterwards, it had already been fitted to another D40 so it was just a case of removing my cargo rails, dropping the liner in and putting the cargo rails back on.

I do not think it was a wise choice. Don't get me wrong, the guy that sold me the liner was a great guy, gave me a great deal and even helped install it. I have no qualms there at all. But the entire "solid plastic liner loosely fit inside a metal tub" is the problem.

I will, when I can organise myself, remove the tub liner and have a professional spray-on liner put in - AFTER the scratch marks that must now be in the tub are rust-treated.

Do Toyota do stupid things like that? No, there's no need to do that, with unlimited acceleration and brakes that work every second time you press the pedal, they don't need to worry about what's happening back behind the driver. They are probably researching seats that cater for the incontinent (for when you piss yourself at not being able to stop the vehicle) and a new "Zaphod" windscreen that turns completely black when the vehicle senses great danger.

Nissan are also researching an incontinence seat, but it's more from laughter than fear.

I have had two utes with drop in liners in the past and my current D40 has a spray liner. There is no comparrison, I will never buy a drop in liner again. I know the spray liner costs a tad more but they are bullet proof. My spray liner was done 3 years ago when I bought the Nav new and there is is not a mark in it. My new Nav V6 diesel ( delivery next week) is having the liner taken out and replaced with a spray liner. It's certainely worth a look to see how good they are.

Latest posts

Back