3.0L V9x

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anything goes wrong, to buy engine parts, you may need to pay a premium.

Great engine when all good.
I've experienced several loss of boost issues.
It's a tight fit in the engine bay.
I believe minor spares are available, but expensive. Not sure about major items.
Just an example, engine cover, held in place by 4 pins mating with 4 rubber bush located on engine cover, for 1 rubber bush, from Nissan, $107.00.
Benno

Great engine when all good.
I've experienced several loss of boost issues.
It's a tight fit in the engine bay.
I believe minor spares are available, but expensive. Not sure about major items.
Just an example, engine cover, held in place by 4 pins mating with 4 rubber bush located on engine cover, for 1 rubber bush, from Nissan, $107.00.
Benno
What caused the loss of boost issues? How many KM’s on the vehicle?

Last edited:
Ive got one. Had it from 130k now at 190k and going good. Did have a leak in the original intercooler weld so upgraded the intercooler.
EGR got blocked so it may or may not be deleted now….
And have changed one SCV (or whatever it is) which did cause a loss of power.
Other than that she tows a 2ton caravan happily and pulls like a train when the turbo kicks in.

Thanks for the post Andy. What year is your vehicle?
Pretty certain its 2011.
Oh and only Wednesday changed the battery as it is our secondary vehicle and tow vehicle but other than that i like it still.
My mechanics friend has one with 500k on the clock with lights on the dash etc and he just gets told to keep it running….haha. so engine must still be good.

I’m considering the purchase of a 2011 ST-X-550. Any comments on the engine?
I bought mine new and just clocked up 160000km. It drives like a petrol engine. Has had 4 intercoolers, original, 2 under warranty and finally replaced with a welded aftermarket unit
The best stereo I have ever had in a car.
I love mine. And would consider an engine rebuild before buying something else when the time comes.

I bought mine new and just clocked up 160000km. It drives like a petrol engine. Has had 4 intercoolers, original, 2 under warranty and finally replaced with a welded aftermarket unit
The best stereo I have ever had in a car.
I love mine. And would consider an engine rebuild before buying something else when the time comes.
Yeah would 100% recommend the HPD intercooler to anyone looking at buying a V6 or looking to upgrade their intercooler.

Hi Dag
2010 YM, second owner, 94000 when purchased.
First boost of several issues was approx 120,000.
Next 2 issues was approx 180,000
Regarding loss of boost. First time, symptoms. Beside obvious power loss, was cruise control inop, (flashing dashed lines) & no cruise engagement.
Engine check light with (I forget the code) showing exhaust px sensor (or px sensor wiring). Sensor was replaced. Done by Nissan in Wagga, what a shambles that was. All good for a couple of years.
Recently I have experienced loss of boost twice (over several weeks) but no engine light or any other visible fault signs. The first time I removed & reinstalled several boost control component connectors, accessed with a lot of effort the vacuum operated vane linkage on the turbo & the defect vanished.
Checked boost hoses, intercooler, no signs of leaks, (did not fit with being intermittent anyway), same theory with vacuum system, leaky hose then fixes itself???
At this point I was suspecting vane actuator mechanical problem as I had no codes etc.
The second time a couple of weeks later, same fault conditions but suddenly came good again.
I have since had a inlet de carbon clean done & the EGR delete ECU remap. Wait & see!!!
Benno

Hi, I’ve had my STX 550 2012 since 2014. 19k when I bought it, 130k now. Upgraded the intercooler, 3” exhaust and tune. Tow a 2.5t boat and it is great. No real issues with the engine, but have always done log book service. Had to replace an O2 sensor and the turbo boost controller as going into limp mode and throwing codes, but since then all good. The Ute drives great, awesome power and a great tow vehicle. When towing it hangs in 6th until over 100km/hr. So need to manually push to 7th. Other than that, it’s been great and it’s a fun Ute to drive around the city.

Back