50mm ultimate suspension lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rastas dog

Reaction score
Just got the D40 home after Ultimate suspension fitted a 50mm lift with spc upper control arm's.
After the drive home the drive feels a lot better.
according to my measurements the front has come up 50mm, 520mm-570mm
rear 60mm, 520mm-580mm
I was thinking when they said 50mm lift it would be higher at first and settle to around 50mm.
so hoping it doesn't sag to much, i was hoping to get to about 600mm in the rear.
haven't had it loaded yet, just the canopy and drawer carcass in at the moment,
i'm thinking it may sit a little low when i put my drawers and tools back in, another 180kg.
it has comfort lift fitted, this is what they recommended.
I did say i wanted it to perform well off road rather than carry the load but also gain the extra height.
What leaves are others running and loads they carry

Just buy some Ironman load helper bolt on springs. They bolt around your current leaf springs to act like a constant load set up.

Takes about 30 mins to bolt up and can be removed easily. They are $120 a pair. I run them and i reckon they are great for those who dont actually WANT constant load leaf's in the back.

best thing about ultimate suspension mate, If you have a problem, You ring them and they fix it :)
i have a mate in Canberra who rang them and said the front sagged, so they swapped it for free.

Went out to zigzag/newnes today new suspension was awesome can't believe what a difference it has made, wouldn't mind just a little more height, but it is a D40 after all.
yeah Mike thats one of the reasons i went with ultimate but i'll wait till the 1000km check up and see how it's settled in by then. Pretty impressed after today though.

Last edited:
Just because its a D40, doesnt mean you have to sacrifice height altogether. I have 70mm rear and 60mm front lift WITH a 1" body lift and 33" tyres. Alot of blokes here have the same but with a 2" body lift. They can sit nice and high if you want them too mate

Glad your happy with it mate, I am surprised with the amount of weight you carry all the time you didnt choose a slightly heavier spring and because you have gone down that road you will have the ute sitting lower with all your stuff in it.
Its always a trade off at the end of the day, better on or off the road?

I do agree with you D40's are low and no matter what you do to them they will always be lower then other utes with equivalent work done. As much as im not a Hilux fan, stock they are around 100mm higher from the tar to the chassis then a D40 so if you lift both 50mm the Hilux will still be higher, same with the Ranger.
Dont get me wrong im not trying to talk up the Ranger but other utes are higher thats all.

With your UCA you will have great travel range now, heaps of droop and still plenty on the up to.
Get rid of that sway bar and watch how well it works off road, best thing i did was get rid of that big chunk of steel.

Glad your happy with it mate, I am surprised with the amount of weight you carry all the time you didnt choose a slightly heavier spring and because you have gone down that road you will have the ute sitting lower with all your stuff in it.

I do agree with you D40's are low and no matter what you do to them they will always be lower then other utes with equivalent work done. As much as im not a Hilux fan, stock they are around 100mm higher from the tar to the chassis then a D40 so if you lift both 50mm the Hilux will still be higher, same with the Ranger.
Dont get me wrong im not trying to talk up the Ranger but other utes are higher thats all.

With your UCA you will have great travel range now, heaps of droop and still plenty on the up to.
Get rid of that sway bar and watch how well it works off road, best thing i did was get rid of that big chunk of steel.

Don't want to crash anybody's post here.

Nathan what are the disadvantages of removing my sway bar? I don't use mine for heaps of off-road as yet, but building it up for it slowly and wanting to know how bad cornering or any other drawbacks are removing it.

Thanks

Don't want to crash anybody's post here.

Nathan what are the disadvantages of removing my sway bar? I don't use mine for heaps of off-road as yet, but building it up for it slowly and wanting to know how bad cornering or any other drawbacks are removing it.

Thanks

I had good quality springs in mine to cope with the bullbar 12000lb winch and bash plates so when i removed my sway bar i really didnt notice a massive difference to the ON road performance, yeah if you go through roundabouts at 80kph you will but i never drove my ute with big tyres on it like a race car, not to say i drove it like a nanna either.
When it comes to off road there is a HUGE difference, it allows the ute to flex allot easier without trying to keep the front travel equal on both sides, i found that the front wheels where able to get much higher into the travel and the ute didnt seem to lift the wheels in the air as easy.

If you want to try it just unbolt one side from where it connects to the lower control arm, that effectively renders it useless so you can do some testing of your own and if you are happy then take the entire unit off.

I had good quality springs in mine to cope with the bullbar 12000lb winch and bash plates so when i removed my sway bar i really didnt notice a massive difference to the ON road performance, yeah if you go through roundabouts at 80kph you will but i never drove my ute with big tyres on it like a race car, not to say i drove it like a nanna either.

When it comes to off road there is a HUGE difference, it allows the ute to flex allot easier without trying to keep the front travel equal on both sides, i found that the front wheels where able to get much higher into the travel and the ute didnt seem to lift the wheels in the air as easy.

If you want to try it just unbolt one side from where it connects to the lower control arm, that effectively renders it useless so you can do some testing of your own and if you are happy then take the entire unit off.

If I'm understanding correctly, does that mean it's actually putting more strain on shocks and springs as there working individually?

I might try disconnecting one side and take it for a drive later regardless see how it handles as you stated.

Thanks

If I'm understanding correctly, does that mean it's actually putting more strain on shocks and springs as there working individually?

I might try disconnecting one side and take it for a drive later regardless see how it handles as you stated.

Thanks

Im not sure it would change the load on the shocks at all really.

Thats the go, unbolt it and check it out for your self, if you have a decent set of coils there shouldnt be a huge difference, how ever if they are still stock i think the difference would be more noticeable.

Im not sure it would change the load on the shocks at all really.

Thats the go, unbolt it and check it out for your self, if you have a decent set of coils there shouldnt be a huge difference, how ever if they are still stock i think the difference would be more noticeable.

Have the td ready struts so hopefully will be ok!

Thanks for the help

Hi Nathen
I went out there and had them weigh and measure the ute with all my gear in it and i said i'd take the tools out so they could weigh the difference but he said he didn't need to, and that was the leaf spring that Brendan recommended, He didn't ask me many questions or tell me my option's at that time and when i booked it in and got it fitted he was away might give him a call and see if he's back and chat to him about it.
going to take the sway bar off but i didn't get a chance on sat before i went out on sunday, I was impressed then so pretty keen to how it goes next time.
overall really happy just a little unsure about the height after it settles, at the moment i'm thinking they didn't give me the larger lift as Brendan was the only guy there that said they could do it and he was away when it was fitted.
when i measured it today it already has settled 8mm.

Hi Nathen
I went out there and had them weigh and measure the ute with all my gear in it and i said i'd take the tools out so they could weigh the difference but he said he didn't need to, and that was the leaf spring that Brendan recommended, He didn't ask me many questions or tell me my option's at that time and when i booked it in and got it fitted he was away might give him a call and see if he's back and chat to him about it.
going to take the sway bar off but i didn't get a chance on sat before i went out on sunday, I was impressed then so pretty keen to how it goes next time.
overall really happy just a little unsure about the height after it settles, at the moment i'm thinking they didn't give me the larger lift as Brendan was the only guy there that said they could do it and he was away when it was fitted.
when i measured it today it already has settled 8mm.

At the end of the day mate if you didnt get whet you asked for get them to fix it, from my experience they have always been really good.
I am getting my Ranger done by them next week and found out the other day Brendan is on some sailing Holiday for 6 weeks.
Ken is a good bloke but not as easy to talk to as his son, but if you do insist with Ken and let him know you are not happy as you were promised something else, and that you know they can get more out of the front due to my example and he will do something for you mate.

Attachments

• IMG_0880.jpg
    IMG_0880.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 196
After speaking to Brendon at ultimate They installed an extra leaf today at no extra cost and said i do have enough weight to flex it up easy. The truck is now sitting a lot better and the handling is more solid but not harsh.
Really happy with it now.

Removed sway and went back to lithgow power lines
So much better, made a huge difference off road stuff I had trouble with last time made it no problem and on road it's a better ride also. The only negative is with a sudden swerve back and forth it rolls around a little.

After speaking to Brendon at ultimate They installed an extra leaf today at no extra cost and said i do have enough weight to flex it up easy. The truck is now sitting a lot better and the handling is more solid but not harsh.
Really happy with it now.

Great to hear it all worked out for you :top:

hmmmm makes me want to send my ute up there and get it right this time around.....
Top looking rig mate

Latest posts

Back